Similar jobs like this one
Are you an energetic and results-oriented person who wants to move our customers' performance forward?
We are looking for a Head of Global Sales and Service to support the Flow Control Business Line in Mining and Metals industry.
Valmet's Flow Control Business Line is one of the leading providers of mission-critical flow control solutions and services for process industries. We employ about 2,850 people in approximately 40 countries. With our global team of experts and innovative solutions, we help our customers to improve their process performance and ensure the safe flow of materials.
This position is permanent, and it locates in Vantaa or Lappeenranta, Finland.
This role includes following responsibilities
Manage distributor business performance to create and achieve annual sales targets.
- Driving partnership and business growth with distributors in their designated geography
- Developing trust and strong partnership with distributor to ensure sustainable long-term growth
- Executing the channel strategy with the support of Country Management & Channel Development team.
- Ensure improvement in customer satisfaction as per the regional and market area targets + positively contribute to employee engagement based on the market area targets.
- Deploy standard work, management process for distributors
- Monitor revenue, order intake and backlog against distributor sales target
- Deploy containment and risk mitigation actions to enable each distributor to achieve targets
- Evaluate distributor sales pipeline sufficiency and deploy actions as needed
- Align distributor inventory levels for parts and complete units
- Monitor and update distributor installed base data
- Assess parts consumption in accordance with the installed base
- Coordinate special/complex opportunities and special price requests with regional leadership in line with the levels of approval grid.
- Support service, logistic, warranty, or credit issues with corresponding teams
- Define distributor strategy aligned with Valmet priorities (market potential, verticals, org structure, etc.) in collaboration with Country Management & Channel Development team.
- Define and support in business development activities (trade shows, databases, mailing campaigns, etc)
- Manage quotation and order handling teams, monitor KPI's and manage corrective actions to keep KPI's within boundaries.
- Prioritize workload for customer inquiries
- Develop and maintain standard work procedures, quotations, and order handling
- Support integration to Valmet processes
To be successful in this role you need to have
- Extensive and successful management experience in managing distributor business
- Success will be measured in Sales (Capital & Aftermarket) - revenues; bookings and profitability
- Capability to develop a strong, structured, and disciplined approach in managing a distributor and build together a solid growth plan in the country of responsibility
- Demonstrated success in a matrix, multi-cultural, international environment.
- Excellent motivation and attitude, and ability to achieve results under pressure.
- Technical/commercial education
- Several years of sales experience
- Willingness and ability to travel on an international basis
- Knowledge of mining and metals industries and applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and in Finnish
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Good skills with Microsoft Office tools, including SharePoint
We offer you an exciting opportunity in a global company.
With this role, we offer you a career move with a vast opportunity of making an impact, in a role working on a global area. On top of that you will be part of a community characterized by its engagement and ambition for driving our business forward.
In our team, we are passionate about our work, but there is always also time for a good laughter!
Did we catch your interest? If yes, please Join our team and send your application with your CV including your salary expectation via the link provided as soon as possible but no later than August 19th, 2022
For further information, please contact Esa Lumme, VP, Head of Industry, Mining and Metals, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
Valmet Suomi is a smoke-free workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 17,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers