Similar jobs like this one
Are you a highly-motivated HR professional who can demonstrate experience across the whole spectrum of people processes, from hiring to exit? We are looking for a service-oriented HR Manager to join our winning team to support Pulp and Energy Business line in Finland.
You'll be a trusted advisor to our business, managing all operational HR processes compliantly but also involved in strategic HR projects and tasks. You feel confident working with daily operational demands that add value to the business and you are comfortable managing tasks such as advising line managers on employment legislation, planning recruitment campaigns, conducting interviews as well as supporting managers in people processes such as annual performance and development reviews.
- All employee relation and labour legislation related matters from hiring to exit, ensuring compliance with various regulations and company policies and providing advice to line managers regarding employment matters
- Resourcing: resource planning with managers, recruitment and selection, redundancy and restructuring activities
- Compensation & benefits: managing salary reviews, bonus programs and local benefits according to company policies and local legislation, providing local expertise to salary surveys and C&B development
- Talent development and retention: planning and implementing competence development activities to support professional development and the competitiveness of the organization
- Driving Valmet people processes (e.g. performance and development reviews, employment satisfaction surveys, successor planning) in your responsibility area
- Maintaining HRIS data and ensuring data quality as well as payroll compliance
- Facilitating a good work culture, driving employee engagement and welfare and handling performance management cases and staff grievances
- Developing our leadership culture proactively, together with our line managers
- Promoting established Health and Safety practices and standards and ensuring the organization complies with them
As our HR Manager you will be reporting to the Director, HR Operations Finland and working closely together with other HR Managers in Finland, HR Business Partner for Pulp and Energy business line as well as with local management. You will also manage a small team of HR professionals. Your primary location will be Valmet office in Lentokentänkatu, Tampere.
- Experience working in a HR Manager or HR Generalist role supporting a global business in a multicultural and matrix environment
- Suitable education (Bachelors degree or higher)
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, collective agreements and practices in particular in manufacturing /industrial environment including blue collar workforce in Finland
- Experience in working with labor unions
- Enthusiasm to manage various operational tasks and projects simultaneously
- Solid experience in recruitment of various kind (incl. technical) of roles
- Knowledge and experience in all people processes across the employment lifecycle
- Good negotiation skills and a persistent attitude to getting things done
- Fluent communication, presentation and facilitation skills in Finnish and English
- Demonstrable understanding of standard HR metrics e.g. headcount, C&B costs, turnover, operational reporting (e.g. sickness and absence).
- Relevant IT skills, understanding the importance of data quality in our HR systems
- Ability to travel occasionally (mainly in Finland)
We offer you a rewarding position with a global industry leader. You will have the opportunity to work in a team environment that draws on you to contribute to the success of the organization while your grow and develop yourself.
If you are an engaged, self-motivated and active team player with a "can do" attitude, make the decision to join Valmet's success story and apply for this position. Please send your application as soon as possible by filling out our electronic application form via the link provided, as we will start screening the applications immediately, but at the latest by August 21, 2022. For more information, please contact Jenni Blomster, Director, HR Operations Finland (+358 40 4860727, firstname.lastname@example.org), best available on Mon August 8th at 14-15, Wed August 12th at 9-10 and Tue August 16th at 12-13.
Valmet Finland is a smoke-free workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 17,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers