Similar jobs like this one
Generation division is responsible for the large scale power production, physical optimization and trading activities in the Nordic area. This division comprises nuclear, hydro, wind and thermal power production, portfolio management and trading, industrial intelligence and nuclear services.
About the role
We are seeking a Manager Hydrogen - Asset Development for the Business Line Hydrogen to join our International Asset Development team. The Business Line Hydrogen works as one team utilizing resources in Fortum and Uniper. The position will be located in Espoo.
As Manager Hydrogen - Asset Development you will
- Manage Uniper’s and Fortum’s interdisciplinary technical asset based projects, including the development and implementation of green and blue hydrogen projects in Europe with a focus on Nordic countries (e.g. Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark)
- Do development and implementation of interfaces to hydrogen derivatives (e.g. methanol, ammonia, ammonia cracking) projects
- Commit Technical project management from concept to implementation / plant start-up
- Coordinate technical and commercial co-operation with suppliers and customers
- Manage the support of business development with strong technical input
- Manage asset based project execution together with Engineering
- Support the development of H2 capabilities within Fortum/Uniper
- Advise and support other Fortum/Uniper units with regard to hydrogen and hydrogen derivatives
- Work at international associations in close collaboration with Hydrogen Business Development
- Support Execution of Uniper’s / Fortum’s international hydrogen strategy
- Be an internal / external key contact (product/technology manager) for green, blue hydrogen technology
The greatest challenge of our time awaits you. To drive the change for a cleaner world, we need to reshape the energy system. To reach our goal, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, we can reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a meaningful career. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
- A person with significant professional experience (~ 5-7) years in the energy industry (e.g. project manager, technical leader)
- University degree in relevant studies, e.g. engineering
- Strong Technical competence with experience in hydrogen technologies, hydrocarbon processing or electrical engineering
- Experience in leading international, complex projects (track record) and interdisciplinary project teams
- Professional command of English (knowledge of Finnish and/or Swedish is beneficial)
- Entrepreneurship, strong customer orientation
- Demonstrate a strategic understanding of energy market trends, relevant customer strategy and requirements
- Conceptual and analytical thinking combined with the ability to prioritize from a holistic view
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure
- Personal credibility and ability to build working relationships across the Fortum/Uniper Group
- Creative and open-minded individual with fresh mindset and good communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
Submit your application by 22.5.2022 at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact
Kimmo Heikkinen, Senior Manager Hydrogen AD, +358 44-2307415 or email@example.com
Daniel Jaerschel, Head of Hydrogen AD International, +49 170 382 2199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffan Sandblom, Head of Hydrogen Nordic Business Development, +46 070 344 5578 or email@example.com
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Fortum and Uniper form a European energy group committed to enabling a successful transition to carbon neutrality for everyone. Our 50 gigawatts of power generating capacity, substantial gas import and storage operations, and our global energy trading business enable us to provide Europe and other regions with a reliable supply of low-carbon energy. We are already Europe’s third largest producer of CO2-free electricity, and our growth businesses focus on clean power, low-carbon energy, and the infrastructure for tomorrow’s hydrogen economy. In addition, we design solutions that help companies and cities reduce their environmental footprint. Our 20,000 professionals and operations in 40 countries give us the skills, resources, and reach to empower the energy evolution toward a cleaner world. fortum.com; uniper.energy