Planmeca Oy is one of the world's leading dental equipment manufacturers with a product range covering digital dental units, CAD/CAM solutions, world-class 2D and 3D imaging devices and comprehensive software solutions. Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Planmeca’s products are distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. With a strong commitment to pioneering innovations and design, it is the largest privately held company in its field.
Planmeca Oy is part of the Finnish Planmeca Group, which consists of several healthcare technology brands, each committed to innovation and design. With 4,500 employees worldwide, Planmeca Group companies achieved a combined turnover of EUR 1.1 billion in 2020.
We are seeking motivated and inventive software and research professionals for the positions of
You will be a member of the Algorithms Team of our Research and Technology department. The work will be focused on developing and implementing new classical or deep learning-based algorithms in medical and dental 3D X-ray imaging. You will be responsible for staying informed on the latest developments and publications in the field; defining new research problems; and testing new methods using data from our X-ray imaging devices.
In cooperation with the team, you will be implementing elegant and efficient algorithms in Python, OpenCL/CUDA, or C++ to solve various research problems and implement the solutions into our systems. In addition, you will be doing your part to ensure that the necessary documentation is produced in line with the applicable medical device regulation.
- Suitable master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g., computer science or applied mathematics
- Solid experience in C++ or Python.
- Readiness to absorb new knowledge and literature in computer science, mathematics, and physics
- Innovation, willingness to learn, and an ability to complete what you have started
- Good communication skills in English.
Preferred experience in some of the following areas:
- Machine learning, especially deep learning
- Reconstruction and correction algorithms in the context of medical imaging
- Designing and implementing computationally intensive algorithms
- Inverse problems, optimisation, simulation
- CUDA or OpenCL
- Methods related to handling and registering point clouds and surfaces
- Academic work and PhD is considered a plus
- Large software projects
- Extensive and methodological testing of code
- Medical imaging and related fields
- Other programming languages
- Linux environment and interest in technology in general
- MLOps or DevOps.
We offer you:
- Versatile, interesting, and challenging assignments working with some of the most advanced technology and products in the dental and medical industry
- Comprehensive induction and the support of a motivated and highly skilled team
- Opportunity to improve your expertise in high technology
- Permanent position in an industry-leading and constantly growing family business in the field of health technology.
For more information, please contact Dr. Ari Hietanen, Research Manager, Algorithms after August 1st (tel. +358 40 706 4171 or email ari.hietanen (a) planmeca.com).
Please submit your application and CV with a salary request by August 16th, 2022. Do not hesitate to apply – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.