ANDRITZ Oy is a leading global supplier of systems, equipment and services for the pulp and paper industry including wood processing, fiber processing, chemical recovery, and stock preparation. In addition, ANDRITZ Oy offers biomass boilers and gasification plants for energy production. ANDRITZ Hydro Oy, located in Tampere, delivers systems, equipment, and services for hydraulic power generation. The number of employees of ANDRITZ companies in Finland is approximately 1 400. The Centers of Excellence are located in Kotka, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Savonlinna, Varkaus, and Tampere. The Headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland. In addition, ANDRITZ Oy owns subsidiaries ANDRITZ Savonlinna Works Oy and ANDRITZ Warkaus Works Oy. The company is owned by ANDRITZ AG of Austria.
ANDRITZ Oy is looking for an application specialist for implementing our digitalization products and for supporting on automation service projects. Main responsibility area will be simulation solutions.
ANDRITZ Automation Solutions organization provides intelligent life cycle solutions, with our own digitalization products, for our pulp and paper and mining industry customers. The digitalization product group consists of our Metris platform and simulator and advanced process control system product families.
You will commission service projects on-site for pulp and paper and mining industries and you will be a member of our experienced European Automation Solutions Team.
The location of the job is initially in Finland and can be some of the ANDRITZ Oy office locations when suitable candidate is found and training period agreed.
ANDRITZ Oy centers of excellence are: Helsinki, Kotka, Lahti, Savonlinna, Lappeenranta, Tampere and Varkaus
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- MSc. in Chemical Engineering or Process Control or Automation Technology with a focus on pulp and paper processes
- 5+ year experience in Pulp & Paper industry or Mining / Chemical / other industry segment
- Process simulation with experience in simulation tools
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Self-oriented approaching
- Deep understanding of production processes in P&P and/or Mining and/or other industry segment
- Understanding of control systems and theory (PID, MPC, Process Dynamic)
- Basic understanding of Automation Systems (DCS)
- Previous experience on working with and interfacing with at customers sites
- Systematic approach for developing applications and problem-solving
- Good team-working skills
- Readiness for global travelling (long term max. is 70 days annually, mainly in Northern European area)
The following experience or skills are preferred, but not required:
- Previous experience on project management
- Previous experience of Advanced Process Control, including practical commissioning tasks suh as implementation and configuration
- General understanding of databases (SQL, Aspentech etc.)
- Knowledge of other languages including English
Further information about the position will be given on June 18th, 2021 between 9 a.m and 11 a.m, and on July 2nd, 2021 between 9 a.m and 11 a.m by Region Manager, Automation Solutions, Jani Honga, p. +358 40 860 6368.
Please send your application by July 4th , 2021.
At ANDRITZ, we offer an appealing and wide range of competitive benefits for our employees, such as flexible working hours, health insurance, company events, fitness, and company well-being programs. We care for our employees – they are our biggest asset. Fullfill your potential – come and join us!