Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We are now looking for a research-oriented Automation Engineer for our global R&D, Process Development and Control & Monitoring team. As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for
- developing, implementing and maintaining process monitoring and control concepts and digital services for Kemira customers.
- some coding, but also consulting on automation and purchasing automation work, including specifying requirements and managing the work of external partners.
- developing further and supporting data communication systems between customers and Kemira.
Overall, the scope of work can be somewhat tailored based on the chosen applicant’s skillset and interests.
What we offer:
- Safe and engaging work environment that enables you to perform to your full potential
- Versatile tasks, with growing skills the opportunity to broaden your experience to new areas (e.g. Edge and IoT)
- Opportunity to gather understanding on water treatment and other water intensive processes like pulp & paper
- Great colleagues, expertise and excellent facilities
- Work in a global, Finnish company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and environment and is dedicated to customer success
What you need:
- Degree (BSc/MSc) in automation, control engineering or a similar discipline
- Experience in process automation, remote monitoring systems and programming skills from PLC (e.g. Siemens, ABB)
- Experience in functional and system requirement specification as well as in technical documentation
- Experience in chemical industry and project management is a benefit
- Experience in online measuring technologies, control systems and instrumentation is a benefit
- Independent working style and open mindset with hands-on attitude
- Good communication skills in English and in Finnish
The position is located in Kemira Espoo R&D center, but the work includes travelling, typically maximum 30 days/year.
For more information, please contact Manager, PDCM Anna Rautio by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 41 448 4118 on 10.5.2021 between 14:00-15:00.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than 20.5.2021 in www.kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2020, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.4 billion and 5000 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.kemira.com