Are you interested in developing and commercialising new technologies to build new, sustainable business?
We are looking for
Business Development Managers
to join Algae Initiative team in Espoo, Finland.
It is a great time to join us! Algae Initiative is an entrepreneurial and ambitious team within Neste’s Innovation function that aims at commercialising algae based products. As a Business Development Manager, you will be part of our mission to create new business opportunities beyond Neste’s existing businesses.
We are aiming at recruiting two Business Development Managers. The role and requirement descriptions below include both positions. For a more detailed description of each role, please contact one of the two recruiters (contact details and suggested time slots below).
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future are
- Manage and coordinate activities related to the development of a commercial algae platform
- Take responsibility of business case calculations and other commercial analyses as well as their development and communication throughout project lifecycle
- Contribute to strategy, long term planning and investment project development
- Contribute to product and commercial development and related communication and documentation
- Participate in IP landscape and strategy work
- Take responsibility for funding programs and secure Neste’s success in those
- Develop and deliver concise and convincing project and upper management reporting and presentations
Neste’s Innovation organisation commercialises technology and business initiatives to create profitable and sustainable new businesses for Neste. You will collaborate with several external parties and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at opportunity identification, maturation, and commercialisation. The position is new within the Neste Innovation function and requires an entrepreneurial and a proactive mindset.
The best combination to success in this role
- Master’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. business, agriculture, or engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience e.g. in new business development, technology commercialization, investment or strategy project development or consulting
- Track record in developing new business or technology, especially in agribusiness industries
- Strong experience in project management, with resilience to succeed with complex projects. Particularly experience and understanding of investment, strategy, business or product development projects is valued
- Strong capability in (financial) business case calculations, ability to link technology development targets to the calculations
- Excellent communication and presentation preparation skills for internal and external purposes
- Solid stakeholder management, commercial experiences, and acumen
- Fluent English language skills, other languages an advantage
- Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Willingness to travel
We also value
- Earlier experience in entrepreneurial activities where new business, investments, operations etc. are set up
- Experience in new product development and launch requirements like safety, regulatory and quality requirements
Please submit your application by 30/05/2022
If you have any questions regarding the process or the positions, please get in touch with Jesse Kautto, Head of Investment Projects and Strategy, Algae Initiative at +358 50 4589787 on 17th or 20th of May at 11-12 EET or Kati Kousa, Head of Products and Commercial Development at +358 40 3380387 on 23rd or 25th of May at 10-11.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together‘’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.