At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community, and we promote a place where we can all be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Konecranes Procurement team is looking for a dynamic Category Manager for Electrical Motors and Gears. In this role you need to understand business needs and opportunities, strategic imperatives, and tactical ways to implement cost reduction together with all relevant stakeholders.
In addition, it is essential that you reach impactful targets set and implement strategic aims like supplier base consolidation. While consolidating, you need to introduce new cost competitive suppliers for certain categories to compete with present supplier base. You’ll create understanding of our suppliers, their industry, their commodities, their competition and in this way build our levers to be applied in well prepared negotiations and category strategies. You’ll work cross-functionally with business across global Konecranes’ organization, and report to Head of the Category Group (Cluster).
Your key responsibilities:
- Create capable and cost-efficient supplier base
- Create and maintain category strategy and action plans to reach category strategic targets
- Prepare and lead supplier negotiations and business meetings
- Drive supplier segmentation by initiating segmentation proposals
- Ensure that supplier agreements, in line with Konecranes standards, are in place for all approved, preferred, and strategic suppliers
- Act as a supplier manager and be accountable for the relationship of selected suppliers
In addition, we expect you to:
- Facilitate and coordinate category stakeholder collaboration
- Cooperate closely with internal category stakeholders
- Participate in make-or-buy analysis and decision making accordingly
- Identify new industrial operation capital efficiency opportunities for Konecranes Group
What should you bring?
- University level degree in Engineering/Economics or comparable competences
- More than five years of experience in sourcing manager role in international company with proven track record.
- Business acumen, experiences in sourcing and/or sales in supplier side
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You will succeed in this role, if you can convince people across organization, effectively engage senior management and build relationships. You understand business requirements and you can develop strategies and tactical plans in collaboration with stakeholders. You also have confidence in analysing and evaluating large amount of data. The role requires business travels.
Why join us?
We offer you a meaningful position in a global business environment with many opportunities for personal growth and development. The opportunity to be part of global procurement organization and chance to contribute to the success of the organization. You will work in an energetic and collaborative global team.
At Konecranes, we want to foster an environment where people enjoy their work and feel respected and trusted. In addition to offering interesting career paths, we are constantly looking to improve the wellbeing of our employees. We offer our employees a flexible work environment tailored to their life situation. Read more about our benefits from our local career pages here (in Finnish).
Interested? If this sparks your interest, please fill out your application as soon as possible, but no later than June 30th, 2022. We will start interviewing candidates already during the application period. Additional information about this position can be obtained from Saku Tervaoja, Director Direct Categories mob. +358 40 5858 237.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.