Electrification and Automation are in the core of Metso:Outotec’s technologies. In Espoo we deliver complete metallurgical plants all around the world, for our Smelting customers. You will be working with leading experts and technologies of the industry.
We are now looking for a Chief Engineer, Electrification, based in Espoo, Finland, to design and implement process electrification for metallurgical plants.
As Chief Engineer, Electrification, you will:
- Design process electrification for metallurgical plants
- Manage process electrification deliveries (MV and LV switchgear, transformers, MCC, VSD, cabling) for quality, schedule and budget
- Lead deliveries of special electrical equipments such as electrical components of electric smelting furnaces
- Lead and manage partners’ engineering work locally and internationally
- Provide conceptual designs, cost estimations and sales support, e.g. technical negotiations
- Participate in installation supervision and commissioning at workshops and customer sites
- Develop electrification technology and delivery procedures for Metso:Outotec's Metals business area
To succeed, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in industrial process electrification design and deliveries
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering
- Solid experience on MV and LV drives
- Knowledge of international standards (IEC, GOST-R, NEMA)
- Knowledge of power distribution in MV and LV
- Basics of network calculations
- Ability and interest to understand complex electrical phenomenons of the electric furnaces
- Willingness to take ownership and lead a project design team
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel
We offer you an interesting and challenging task in a global environment and excellent possibilities to develop your personal and professional skills in a world’s leading company in minerals and metals processing technology.
For more details about the role, please contact Niko Koski, Head of EIA, Smelting, +35840 3361 348, email@example.com.
To apply please leave your application via Metso Outotec´s careers page by May 15th 2022.