Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä global IM (Information Management) integrates Processes, Systems and Information to support Wärtsilä business organisations to achieve business targets. Together with a world leading partners Wärtsilä IM constructs a competent international ICT organisation. For development minded person, Wärtsilä offers an opportunity to shape the future of its ICT environment.
We are now looking for a Cloud Architect or Engineer to master our AWS environment. Your main task is to develop and manage Wärtsilä’s global AWS environment. Essential is planning and developing world-class easy to access services for different company needs.
This is a key position and You will have a unique view and possibility to affect for Wärtsilä’s innovative ecosystem. You will be part of the global Cloud Centre of Excellence team and work closely with architects and service managers in the area. You will also work closely together with key business stakeholders, projects utilizing cloud, cyber security, procurement and Information Management professionals.
To qualify for the job, you need to be ambitious and have an extensive experience about AWS and ecosystem, servers and IT services. You are also experienced and interested in software development, automation, scripting, networks and cyber security. You have a vision and ambition to provide excellent user experience and value. You have a natural interest towards the latest technologies and always seeking better ways to support company’s growth. You are energetic, good with people and a fun person to work with.
What we expect from you
- You are highly technical, demonstrating passionate interest and attitude towards cloud native development
- Software development experience
- Extensive AWS experience and understanding the possibilities of the environment
- Experience of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Route53)
- Experience on Infrastructure-as-code solutions such as Cloudformation, Terraform and automating these via DevOps scripting
- Demonstrated experience with IT compliance and management requirements (e.g. security, privacy etc.)
- Experience on enterprise hybrid cloud integrations setups
- Hands-on experience of leading the design, development and deployment of business software at a scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage and virtualization experience
- Strong track record on implementing AWS services for various migration projects
- Strong Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment
- Understanding of API management solutions
- Experience on managing cloud platforms; monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Good experience about driving and conducting discussions with senior personnel, turning technical things to business language
- Education: Masters or Bachelor level degree or equivalent skills acquired by suitable work experience
- Experience about working in cross functional, international teams
- Commercial understanding and the ability to support contract negotiations and vendor management
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Forward looking mindset: Ability to create and execute long-term plans, roadmaps, business communications and documentation
- Very good communication and presentation skills in English
Possible LOCATION for this position are Helsinki or Vaasa, in Finland.
Welcome to a dynamic team, where you have the possibility to work independently with the support of great colleagues. We want to be the best at what we do and therefore we continuously develop our expertise and way of working. The diversity of tasks and projects offer you possibility to challenge yourself and work with various groups of people.
Please submit your application including your salary request at www.wartsila.com/careers latest by 23rd of May, 2021.
GM, Cloud Centre of Excellence
+358 40 733 7351
Last application date: 23/05/2021
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com