Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Commissioning and Service Engineer, you will be responsible for commissioning and maintaining ABB Marine systems such as rotating machinery, transformers, frequency converters, switchboards, automation and Azipod propulsion units. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will ensure that commissioning activities are completed efficiently and cost-effectively, in accordance with specifications, standards, and safety requirements.
This position offers you an excellent opportunity to contribute to developing the ABB marine business and to develop into an expert in our products and systems. Other positions such as Site Manager, Technical Expert or Project Manager are potential career prospects.
- Commissioning and maintaining ABB Marine systems
- Taking care of warranty and service calls on operating vessels
- Installation supervision, startup, testing as well as acceptance testing of the systems, in cooperation with the classification societies and the customer
- Assisting in continuous improvement of project design, participating in project review meetings, and providing input on commissioning activities
- Identifying and recommending solutions to meet business and customer needs, and providing relevant information
- Providing information to contractors/colleagues, and giving feedback to the organization to apply lessons learned
- Applying and improving processes and tools to ensure effective project delivery
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree education in electric power engineering or automation
- Preferably practical work experience in commissioning relevant products and systems
- Sound knowledge of electrical power systems
- Readiness for extensive travelling globally, up to 200 days per year
- Experience in shipbuilding and knowledge of ABB products are an advantage
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills in English, other language skills are an advantage
- Familiarity with MS Office software and preferably with ABB tools
- You work well both independently and as a part of a team. Interaction with both the customer and the ABB team is an important part of this job
More about us:
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow. Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees. www.abb.com/marine
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
Yhteystiedot: If you have questions, please contact Operations Manager Timo Haverinen, tel. +358 50 332 6057.
Työpaikan osoite: Komentosilta 1, 00980 HELSINKI
Työ alkaa: As soon as possible
Työn kesto: yli 12 kuukautta
Haku päättyy: 29.09.2021
Jätä hakemus: Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by Sept 29, 2021 at https://careers.abb/global/en/job/79710183/Commissioning-and-Service-Engineer. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Ilmoitus jätetty: 15.09.2021
Lähde: TE-palvelujen asiakastietojärjestelmä