Are you passionate about sustainability and looking for a communications job with a purpose in an inspiring and evolving business environment?
Neste has an ambitious target to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We refine waste, residues and innovative raw materials into renewable fuels and sustainable feedstock for plastics and other materials.
We are now looking for a Communications Planner to join our international Business Communications team within Neste’s Corporate Communications. In this role, you will report to the Head of Business Communications and work particularly closely with other communications professionals focused on supporting Neste’s businesses in their communications globally. This full-time position will be located at Neste’s headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste journey
In your role, you will, among other things, contribute to
- Updating and developing our communications materials for both internal and external uses
- Creating and updating various types of content for Neste’s own channels (website, social media, corporate intranet, etc.) and other platforms
- Assisting in inquiries from global media and managing Neste’s social media channels
- Supporting our business communications team members in their work as well as spokespersons and experts in different business units and geographic locations in their varying communications needs.
You will be an integral part of our Business Communications team, a valuable teammate providing hands-on support in daily communications tasks and longer-term communications projects across Neste’s businesses globally. You will contribute directly to further developing our global communications on the solutions Neste provides for reducing climate emissions in the transport, aviation, and polymers and chemicals sectors, as well as accelerating circularity of plastics, among other issues. This international team of experienced and ambitious communications colleagues provides you an enthusiastic and dynamic environment for developing professionally while getting a 360 degree view of Neste’s business communications across the globe.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Min. 2 years of hands-on experience in communications related positions; business communications experience from a corporate or agency setting considered a plus
- Experience in content creation for various communications channels, ability to create compelling content, e.g. web content, social media posts, articles and press releases.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple simultaneous tasks and projects
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, energetic self-starter with a positive mindset and open, practical attitude towards work
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, such as communications
- Fluent in written and spoken English; ability to produce communications content in Finnish and/or other languages is a plus
- Interest in topics related to renewable energy, climate, circular economy and other sustainability issues considered an advantage
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Sari Lehmuskallio, Head of Business Communications, tel. +358 50 458 9251, on Thu 7 Oct from 10:00 am to 11:30 am and Mon 11 Oct from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm EEST.
Please submit your application with a cover letter and CV by October 14th, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and possible aptitude testing. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.