At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com
We are looking for Company Controller to Accounting and Tax team in Fortum Financial Services unit in the Espoo headquarters.
In Financial Service unit as Company Controller you work in close co-operation with different stakeholders in Fortum Finance functions and business units as well as external parties e.g. auditors. You will be strongly involved ensuring the compliance of legal entities and adoption of digitalization and new ways of working on accounting.
Your main focus areas include:
- Overseeing general ledger & fixed assets accounting
- Ensuring accuracy of statutory reporting including financial statements, indirect and direct taxes
- Ensuring accuracy of Monthly, Interim & Annual reporting to group (Local Gaap & IFRS) in compliance with group guidelines & policies
- Ensuring the compliance of legal entities
- Coordinating statutory audit process
- Financial data analysis to support both Accounting and Fortum businesses' needs
- Continuous and proactive collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Acting as driving force for development initiatives and process enhancement, such as digitalization/RPA, efficient utilization of reporting tools and excel
- Ensuring successful implementation of development activities
- Contribution towards operational excellence
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle. As a Company Controller at Fortum, you have the possibility to improve your professional skills in a global stock-listed company. You will have the possibility to have an extensive outlook on different types of businesses at Fortum, being part of the way towards a cleaner world. You will be working in a development-oriented unit with quality mindset and international contacts.
We expect you to have strong accounting and tax competencies and enthusiasm for continuous development. You are a constructive challenger with can do attitude and a good team player.
Ideal combination of skills
- Suitable degree in finance, preferably BBA or MBA
- Experience from interim and annual reporting to group is regarded as an asset
- Deep knowledge of Finnish accounting standards and tax regulations. Competencies in IFRS is an advantage
- Good understanding of the accounting processes and strong analytical skills
- Experience in business restructuring, accounting, and other complex transactions is beneficial
- Understanding and experience of automation especially RPA is an advantage
- Experience in common finance applications, including MS Office tools
- Good communication and language skills in Finnish and English
- Readiness to adopt changes and development-oriented mindset
- Positive and energetic personality with good social and networking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with flexibility in working hours
Please send your online application including CV and salary request no later than 1st of November 2021. For further information please contact Accounting and Tax Team Leader Miira Kavonius +358 40 831 5578 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.