Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Credit Risk Analyst or a Senior Credit Risk Analyst at UPM Credit Risk Management for a permanent position.
Who we are
In UPM we value good cooperation, coordination and communication skills. We proactively drive changes to meet world class finance requirements. Our aim with continuous improvement is to develop our end to end processes actively to be able to focus on essentials and provide value to our businesses. Agile way of working and eagerness to learn are a must, offering us opportunities to develop ourselves and master new technologies.
What you’ll do
The position holder is responsible for customer credit risk identification and mitigation within a designated customer portfolio.
Your main tasks will be:
- Being responsible for credit risk analysis of designated customer portfolios
- Defining customer risk profile quality to reduce credit risks together with sales
- Delivering timely and high-quality reporting for business areas and credit insurer
- Supporting and steering businesses in credit related decisions
- Participate in credit limit negotiations and customer interviews with credit insurer
- Actively performing and following up the compliance of defined internal controls
- Participate in credit process development and continuous improvement activities together with other customer operations in finance, finance & control and business teams
- Daily co-operation with UPM’s Global Sales Team, Customer Service, Collections and other internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in economics, finance, or similar education
- You have more than 1-3 years of relevant experience in international credit risk management or similar
- You have strong analytical capabilities and solid understanding on financial analysis
- You have very good communication and presentation skills
- You have good co-operation skills, and you are used to working in a global matrix organization
- You are solution-oriented and have a problem-solving mindset
- You have good negotiation skills
- You are fluent in English, other language skills are an asset
- You are willing to travel to UPM business and customer sites globally
- You are used to work in a fast-paced environment
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
The position holder will report to Jarno Saario, Director, Credit Risk Management, Finance & Control.
For further information, please contact Jarno Saario, tel. +358505917725 on Tuesday August 16th between 14.00 and 15.00.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest at 21st of August 2022. Please notice that we will go through the applications already during the application period and may invite candidates for interviews already before the end of the application time.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM Credit Risk Management is a global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. To succeed in our work, we are now looking for a new talent to make our team even more professional, versatile, collaborative, and vibrant - ready to take on new opportunities!