Would you like to have a job that makes a difference? Do you want to work with amazing people? Join our team and help serve 1,8M customers (22M travelers annually pre covid) better and save the planet meanwhile! Finland’s second biggest webstore, over thousand trains per year and a multimillion business makes sure that there is enough data to do that.
Data is a core component of future travel and VR has invested heavily in data and advanced analytics. We use data for enabling a personalized customer experience, optimize business and planning processes in addition to helping product development and service design. Our team consists of BI Developers, Data Scientists, and one Data Engineer already.
Why should you apply?
In our team, you will have room to grow your technical skills (modern technology, sparring, conferences, courses) and your understanding of the business. We cultivate agile and experimental development culture. We have built a data and analytics platform in AWS cloud and data is flowing real-time. The team shares a common curiosity of technology and the desire to do something that helps millions of travelers to make the green choice.
- Modern tools and solution
- Fantastic team with great team spirit
- Challenging and interesting work
- Room to grow both in business understanding and in technical expertise
- Flexible and modern work environment
- Central location in West Pasila (naturally, we work remotely for the time being)
- Brilliant perks (lunch, sports, and culture benefits, train travel discounts…)
- Essential role in data wrangling and enrichment to enable use cases
- Key responsibility in data quality development and assurance
- Develop our logical and physical data model
- Develop tools for BI Developers and Data Scientists
Who are you?
- You have a MSc in computer science or equivalent skills
- Required skills: SQL, Python, general understanding and hands-on experience in AWS (e.g. S3, Batch, Fargate, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, CloudWatch), relational databases, data models, and ELT
- Skills that are considered an advantage: Snowflake Cloud Data Platform, Terraform, Docker
- You have experience in DevOps & DataOps -work and tools (Git, Confluence, GitHub, GitHub Actions)
- You swear in the name of agile development
- You are a proactive team player
- You are able to work independently and take ownership of your work
- You are business and target-oriented: you like challenges!
- Finnish-language skills are an advantage but not mandatory
I will start going through applications immediately, so don’t hesitate to make yours rather sooner than later.
Ilkka Kudjoi, Data Engineer, 044 554 5552