Do you want to work in an international, flexible work environment with the opportunity to work in a revolutionary business. We are looking for a Data Engineer With AML knowledge to join our company in Ruoholahti, right in the heart of Helsinki! We offer remote work possibilities, a competitive salary and additional benefits.
LocalBitcoins is a globally leading P2P trading platform for bitcoin and one of the founding pillars of the Bitcoin economy. The company, headquartered in Helsinki, was founded in 2012 and has since grown to over 8 000 000 registered users from all over the world. Although we are already an established, financially profitable company, we are not a corporation. We treasure agile ways of working and a growth hacking kind of mindset. We have over 60 international employees.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrable analytical skills and enjoy the challenges of an entrepreneurial environment with a growth oriented mindset. Experience in AML compliance / regulated financial field is preferred.
The Compliance team provides an essential service by providing an advisory service to the company's personnel as well as by monitoring company activities to enable compliance with relevant laws, regulations and internal policies.
The Compliance team is required to identify and manage risk exposure of the company by ensuring that the systems and controls which exist are both effective and relevant in order to protect the company from both internal and external risk factors, whilst encouraging a culture of compliance and ethical standards.
The Data Engineer with AML knowledge will support the team by conducting the allocated tasks in an accurate and timely manner. You will have the opportunity to take on a wide-ranging portfolio of compliance work and will be handling challenging situations in a time sensitive environment.
- The Data Engineer will support Compliance Team with technology matters including monitoring of the implementation of processes at the system level
- Assist in ensuring scenario requirements, solutions and related documentation are in line with the technical standards of the compliance program
- Assist with the enhancement, testing, tuning, and validation of the transaction monitoring process
- Identify and escalate AML related issues to the Chief Compliance Officer
- Build effective partnerships with the Internal Business Units and IT team
- Assist in preparation of compliance related reports
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
- A suitable educational background
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an appetite to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Flexible, reliable and committed team player
- Analytical and assertive
- Previous experience of compliance function of a company in a regulated or supervised environment
- An understanding of bitcoin / desire to work in the cryptocurrency industry is considered highly favourable
- Proficient with Python and experience with common Python data science tools like NymPy and Pandas. Experience with Django and database technologies like MySQL and Redis is a plus
- The opportunity to work in a revolutionary business. Cryptocurrencies is a whole new industry. We firmly believe they will be used by the masses in the future.
- A relaxed, young, professional and international work community at our Finnish office. The effort of every single member of the team truly matters. And we want yours to matter too.
- Working with revolutionary technology in a revolutionary company. Our aim is to provide bitcoin access everywhere and professional, knowledgeable and caring customer support is one of the key elements in the process.
- Competitive salary
- Lunch benefit
- Sport and cultural benefit
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. If you believe that you would be the right candidate for this role, please submit your application, salary request and CV in English as soon as possible through the link below.
If you have any questions regarding the role or the recruitment process in general, please contact Hanna Leppänen at email@example.com