Are you an enthusiastic shipping or trading professional or a rising star with a passion for creating a healthier planet for our children?
We are looking for a
to join our Bulk Demurrage team in Espoo.
We have a medium size team of experts working in the Bulk Demurrage team. Our team is responsible for handling vessel and barge demurrage claims of all business units at Neste. We also develop and maintain clear processes, templates, instructions and cooperation models for demurrage claims handling.
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future are
- Prepare and issue demurrage claims to our customers, suppliers and charterers
- Support demurrage invoicing and collection processes
- Evaluate legal and contractual validity of the demurrage claims received from ship owners, customers and suppliers
- Negotiate and settle disputes
- Participate in contract drafting by commenting laytime and demurrage clauses
- Provide legal and operational advice and training to internal stakeholders in demurrage related matters
You will work closely with operations, chartering and contracts teams to protect businesses against contractual risks and to ensure that demurrage claims are handled in an efficient and timely manner. Your role is to handle demurrage claims and to support internal stakeholders in all demurrage related matters. You report to the Bulk Demurrage Manager.
The best combination to success in this role
- Suitable education e.g. Business, Maritime or Law studies or similar skills acquired through work
- Previous work experience in shipping or trading operations is considered as an asset
- Good legal argumentation and communication skills
- Detail oriented, systematic and energetic approach
- Fluent English and Finnish, both written and spoken
We also value
- Knowledge of international oil, energy and/or commodity business
- Experience in using SAP
- Previous experience in demurrage claims handling
Please submit your application, CV and salary expectations by 31st July 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Bulk Demurrage Manager, Liisa Roponen, +358 50 458 9051 on 18th July during 13:00-14:00 or on 28th July during 09:00-10:00.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude assessment. The first interviews are preliminarily scheduled to take place on week 29.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together‘’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.