Welcome to join our beautiful journey! Nokian Tyres develops and manufactures premium tires for people who value safety, sustainability and innovative products. With our new factory in Dayton, USA, we are ready to take the next step in our growth. We offer you a chance to succeed with us, to advance your career and be the energizer we are looking for.
We’re looking for Development Manager to join our R&D team in our head office in Nokia, Finland.
In this position you are responsible for rubber compound development for our premium products. This is a position where you can really put your handprint on tire performance. We assume you already have experience in working with polymers/elastomers and you have an ability and motivation to drive continuous improvement. You have an open-minded approach and self-driven working style.
- Rubber compound development of selected non-tread compounds
- Global responsibility of the performance of selected compounds and tire technologies
- Working as a team member in new product development programs
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders, such as quality, production & procurement
- Maintain and develop global raw material supplier relationships and networks related to own responsibility area
- Analysis of competitor landscape and scientific research
- Continuous improvement of quality of products and processes
- Minimum of M.Sc. degree in relevant field, such as polymer science or chemistry
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proventrack record in leading development projects
- Ability to meet deadlines, and set priorities while maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and respond quickly to multiple priorities while driving results and delivery against deadlines
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, all other language skills are seen as an advantage
You will be based in our head office Nokia, Finland, but limited traveling abroad is expected. In this position you will report to Senior Manager, Materials Development Teemu Soini.
Our way of working
Our talented people, energizing collaboration, and agile way of working ensure that we achieve great results together. We believe in involvement and active ownership. Nokian Tyres wants everyone to have both the power and the opportunity to influence matters and we support your professional growth. We value different experiences and competencies. They play a key role in the development of the company as well as our new, innovative solutions.
Are you interested in joining our inspiring team?
Please fill in the application form with CV and salary request by 30th June 2021.
For further information please contact Teemu Soini, Senior Manager, Materials Development, tel. +358 10 401 7185 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start reviewing applications immediately and position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.