Welcome to join our beautiful journey! Nokian Tyres develops and manufactures premium tires for people who value safety, sustainability and innovative products. With our new factory in Dayton, USA, we are ready to take the next step in our growth. We offer you a chance to succeed with us, to advance your career and be the energizer we are looking for.
We’re looking for Development Technician to join our R&D Material Development and Laboratory in our head office in Nokia, Finland. This position is temporary until March 2023.
Material Development develops new compounds and controls the quality of materials used in production. Laboratory unit provides analysis results for R&D and Production purposes. There are a wide variety of testing methods for material testing. This role is an important part of material development team and it requires solution-oriented mind set and willingness to learn.
- Perform laboratory activities such as sample preparation and rubber compound testing
- Carrying out various tasks of new product development projects and quality control analysis
- Organize data and write reports to internal requestors
- Laboratory method development
- Secure a safe, compliant and positive work environment
What do we expect from you:
- B.Sc. in Chemisty / Laboratory Science or a trained laboratory technician with related experience
- Knowledge and experience of laboratory instruments and analytical measurements
- Comfortable to work with different software environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To be dedicated team player with a supportive mindset
- Proactive approach towards process improvement
- Able to use Finnish and English as working languages
- Ready to take on new challenges and bring new ideas to our business
Our way of working
Our talented people, energizing collaboration, and agile way of working ensure that we achieve great results together. We believe in involvement and active ownership. Nokian Tyres wants everyone to have both the power and the opportunity to influence matters and we support your professional growth. We value different experiences and competencies. They play a key role in the development of the company as well as our new, innovative solutions.
Are you interested in joining our inspiring team?
Please fill in the application form with CV and salary request by 15th of August 2021. We will start reviewing applications immediately and position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found, so don’t wait too long!
For further information, please contact R&D Laboratory Team Leader, Heini Siekkinen, tel. +358400333260 on Tuesdays (27.7., 3.8. or 10.8. at 15-16) or firstname.lastname@example.org