Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
At Metso Outotec you will join a supportive and inclusive network of colleagues from around the world. There will always be a chance for you to learn and try something new.
This is your invitation to rise above what was possible yesterday.
Job posting end date: 10/02/2022
Battery Chemicals is one of the future growth areas for Metso Outotec hydrometallurgy business, enabling sustainability to the value chain currently starting its global breakthrough. The group works on hydrometallurgical process applications related to lithium refining from brines and spodumene concentrate, nickel and cobalt refining to precursors, precursors for all chemistries and battery recycling. Our clientele is global, so our assignments range to all market areas.
We are now looking for a
Director, Battery Chemicals Technologies
to lead, manage and develop implement battery chemicals business and expert team further, and to develop and implement the battery chemicals business plan to meet the rapidly increasing demand for battery metals. Understanding the battery chemicals market and aligning the strategy development and implementations accordingly are in the focus in this role.
The preferable location for this position is Metso Outotec office in Espoo, Finland, but also other Metso Outotec main hubs are negotiable.
- Battery chemicals business growth and development.
- Coordination of battery chemicals input to the Business Line strategy.
- Developing and implementing the battery chemicals business plan for the Business Line.
- Managing the development of battery chemicals technology in the Business Line based on customer demand and BL strategy.
- Ongoing management/improvement of battery chemicals technologies across the business line.
- Provide input and support in delivery cases.
- Provide input to sales both in terms of supporting sales cases and identifying new opportunities.
- Manage capability/capacity in the area of battery chemicals in collaboration with other resources within the BL.
- Manage team productivity and promote people satisfaction.
- Represent MO in battery chemicals market and collaboration forums
- Contribute as a member of the BL management team
To succeed, you would need have:
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to successfully work with others in an international matrix organization.
- Solid industry and business understanding with strong customer orientation.
- Strong technology and process understanding.
- Strategic thinking
- Resourcing, competence development and performance management skills.
- Decision making ability
- Empowerment and delegation skills
- Ability to influence and lead change
- Planning and organization skills
If you got interested, please contact Mikko Rantaharju, VP, BL Hydrometallurgy, email: email@example.com.
Please leave your application and resume to our recruitment system soonest possible but latest on 2nd of October 2022. Please note that we’ll start interviews during the application period.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2021 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec