Fleetonomy.ai is your classic, fast-paced, technology-focused startup, albeit we have been around since 2016! We are creating a human-machine cooperation software platform for human in-the loop operational management for autonomous vehicles. We work with a wide network of partners and in projects that can literally change the world as we know it. Our ordinary work day is still science fiction to most.
What we really need now is an experienced Executive Assistant on our team. Our management team has to wear multiple “hats” every day so you will be a creative problem solver in day-to-day work we do at Fleetonomy.ai to help us create order and smart working.
Some of the tasks that you might take on include
- Accounting: managing expense and salary reports; liaising with accounting by arranging and providing them with all the required data
- Fulfilling reporting responsibilities to Fleetonomy's stakeholders, including: pulling together information and updates for formal project reports into funding teams including Business Finland, EU, UK and other partner teams, writing and submitting the reports
- Office management, including acting as the first point of contact for our 3rd parties related to facilities (facility, cleaning, security etc.); ensuring a welcoming, inspiring and functional office space for our employees and visitors; running daily administration related to office supplies & devices, shipping etc.
- Ownership of the employee lifecycle by managing our hiring process from recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new staff. Developing employee engagement, helpful processes, training and recognition is also part of this.
- Ensuring first-class employee experience for all our team members, including yourself
- Taking on tasks from our ever-expanding to-do list (we use Trello)
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Becoming our gatekeeper by managing complex personal and professional calendars and scheduling internal and external meetings
- Maintaining and updating personal/professional contact database (CRM, Trello)
- Preparing and prioritising correspondence, including e-mail inbox and crafting e-mails to clients
- Coordinating on-site and remote events, client relations, keeping everyone at Fleetonomy connected
- Organising and managing domestic/international travel arrangements as we have projects across the EU & UK currently
- Supporting with internal communications related to our daily life at the office
- Handling ad hoc projects as and when needed
Ad hoc projects include taking on different roles, such as HR, Investor Relations, Field Operations*, and communication with stakeholders while still providing administrative support. Additionally, the executive assistant will also play a big part in establishing processes and procedures and laying the groundwork for operating the business in a more organized fashion, enabling it to grow and avoid growing pains.
* Field Operations for us means literally just that - you may need to come with us into a field to test drones and autonomous vehicles so we want someone who would be as excited about this as we are!
What would help you succeed incredibly well in this job?
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in a similar position in office management, customer service, administration or similar
- Direct understanding of what working in a fast-paced tech startup feels like and means - we all wear many “hats” and you will too
- Deeper understanding of the legal, accounting and reporting frameworks of our stakeholders including Business Finland, EU and EC
- Accounting and financial reporting skills
- Great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Fluent English and Finnish, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- A desire to learn and grow on the job and not being afraid of getting out of their comfort zone
- A people person with employee experience close to heart
- Relevant degree (BBA or similar)
- A Finnish driving license (B at minimum)
- Residence (permit) within European Union
What do you get in return? What’s in it for you?
First and foremost you will be coming into an environment where you will experience variety and the cut-and-thrust of working in a technology startup right at the forefront of a global challenge. The ecosystem around “autonomy” and “driverless mobility” is huge and growing every year as everyone reaches for solutions that can change the world. You will be a part of this.
We can assure you there won’t be a lack of opportunity as we can involve you in all areas of the business. It’s a small team so we need to share and involve everyone. You will not simply be making coffee or filling in spreadsheets - you can also be working on the live operations and testing, flying drones, meeting clients and all that goes with a business such as this.
Some of the benefits we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Office located in the heart of Helsinki with easy access using public transportation
- Annual tax-deductible bicycle benefit or free car parking
- We partner with world-class organizations to develop our technology. You’ll work with them and will learn a lot.
- The coolest toys. Well, actually they are not toys, but in how many other workplaces do you actually get to fly drones or roll in the neighborhood with wheeled and tracked vehicles?
Our office facilities also provide
- Free, fully renovated gym for exercise
- Dedicated bicycle parking
- Exclusive discounts and deals from dedicated partners
- Fun community events on- and off-hours
- Ample networking opportunities in the vibrant and international Finnish startup scene