Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a Fire protection Expert for Fire protection solutions.
The position is permanent, and the preferred home base would be Vaasa, Finland but other Wärtsilä locations can be considered.
Join us in an international team to help us in enabling sustainable energy solutions for the future!
- Develop and support the implementation of the fire protection concepts for power plants together with engineering partners and equipment suppliers
- Provide daily fire protection related operational support for sales and delivery projects organizations
- Review identified documents having a potential impact to fire protection to find the technical solutions to satisfy different stakeholders in complex projects
- Perform comprehensive fire protection descriptions, fire hazard analysis and assessments of plant facilities together with safety team
- Act as a leading project engineer in delivery projects for own discipline if needed.
- Lead the fire protection product team to meet the financial and quality related targets for the products used in the power plants
- Act as a recognised link to enhance the communication between different engineering disciplines (Process, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Automation) related to fire protection systems and enhance the fire protection awareness through the organisation
- Review, develop, and maintain engineering support documents
- Support project teams with acceptance testing of fire protection systems
- Support the documentation management for installation, inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire protection systems.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Fire Protection Engineering or an equivalent combination of related education and experience +5 years of working experience
- Knowledge or experience of industrial fire protection systems, preferably related to power plant facilities or to oil and gas sector
- Knowledge of fire protection engineering principles and their application to fire risk analysis in industrial facilities, systems and processes
- Knowledge and willingness to learn and interpret NFPA Codes and standards as well as other recognised standards
- Knowledge of computer-based analytical methods related to fire hazard analyses is beneficial
- Interested in working in an international team developing oneself and others
- Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good English skills. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with different stakeholders.
- Capability to efficiently produce technical documents in English
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative. We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 29th of May 2022, through submitting your application through our career’s portal. Please note that interviews will be started already before application deadline so please leave your application as soon as possible. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Contact person to give further information:
Joakim Mattbäck, Manager, Technical Expertise, Mechanical & Process
Tel: +358 50 3373309
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more: www.wartsila.com .