Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
Technology and Product Management is strengthening its strategic focus with a new organisation as of 1 May 2021. There will be five main functions in the new Technology & Product Management organisation: Sustainable Fuels & Environment, Power Systems & Controls, Solution Design & Product Management, Plant Expertise and Development
Projects. The new organisation will enable beer fit to our strategic needs and address the changing market and customer requirements.
We are looking for a General Manager, Power Systems to our newly established Power Systems & Controls organisation. The Power Systems team looks beyond the power plants at the whole power grid and help our customers build reliable power systems with a high penetration of renewable power. In this role you will actively
collaborate with partners and customers to develop new services and solutions for Wärtsilä to ensure our customers have reliable power systems throughout the journey towards a 100% renewable energy future.
You will be a member of Power Systems & Controls management team and report to Director, Power Systems & Controls. This is a newly established role. The preferred location is Europe.
- Create visions, strategies and plans for autonomous plants and power systems
- Drive development of functionality and solutions needed to build reliable power systems
- Perform modelling and simulation of the electric properties of Wärtsilä solutions and entire power systems
- Understand global Grid Codes and steer development of solutions needed for compliance
- Develop competence and knowhow within the team around power grids and stability
- Proactively connect with customers to understand their needs and develop the needed solutions
- Drive, lead and manage the team and employees towards goals
- Cooperate with other teams in Wärtsilä and with partners to develop new business opportunities and services for reliable power systems
- Drive the Wärtsilä Purpose and demonstrate Wärtsilä values
- Strong knowledge and experience of power systems and electric grids
- Strong knowledge and experience of thermal and renewable power generation
- Strong knowledge and experience of power system modelling and simulation
- Knowledge and understanding of global Grid Codes
- +7 years of experience in the energy industry with a proven record in a global business environment
- MSc or higher within Power Engineering or similar
- Visionary and strategic thinking: able to see the big picture and think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial attitude with customers in focus
- Recognised R&D leader who has good ability to build high performing team
- Ability to create clarity on direction and inspire people to take action towards the future goals
- Business minded and goal-oriented, drives for results with excellent planning and execution skills
- Strong influencing, networking and presentation skills and an ability to communicate efficiently with various stakeholders in an international environment
Please apply by 09.05.2021 with full motivational letter and CV.
Contact person to give further information:
Jukka Lehtonen, Vice President, Technology and Product Management
Last application date: 09/05/2021
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland..
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world. www.wartsila.com/energy
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on
Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com