Want to make a positive global environmental impact?
Spinnova's mission is to produce the most sustainable textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity. Our goal is to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry for the better.
Spinnova aims to transform how textiles are made globally. We have built a unique technology platform to produce disruptively sustainable textile fibres, without any harmful chemicals. And we can produce them from multiple raw materials, including wood, agricultural waste, such as wheat straw, leather waste and textile waste.
Our ambition is to scale the production of SPINNOVA® fibre to more than one million tonnes of per year within a decade, which is probably the most ambitious target set by any textile material innovation company globally.
From early on, we have partnered with leading brands in apparel and footwear, to develop commercial SPINNOVA® textile products. Our goal is to be the preferred sustainable textile material in various categories and industries. Our global brand vision is that the SPINNOVA® brand will be visible in the end products alongside industry brands – we want to be the “Gore-Tex of Sustainability”.
We are now looking for a Head of Concept to play a key role in achieving Spinnova’s mission. You share our passion for fighting climate change and are excited to join a company that has the potential to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry.
You will be a key member of Spinnova team, reporting to Chief Commercial Officer and working closely with the management team. As Spinnova is a fast-growing scale-up, you will have the opportunity to pave and lead the commercial path of a true deep tech innovation company globally.
In this role you will be:
- Leading material go-to-market projects with Spinnova’s strategic partners
- Building buy-in with various stakeholders in the partner organization including business units, sourcing, innovation, sustainability, brand and design.
- Planning and developing Spinnova’s commercial offering and value proposition, participating in Spinnova’s strategy formulation.
To excel in this role, your background should include:
- 8+ years of experience in highly demanding international project managing / offering development positions from relevant field
- Experience from leading and influencing stakeholders from various organizational levels, areas and backgrounds
- Managing high profile projects successfully
- Experience in businesses that are strongly driven by sustainability and/or textiles/fashion
- Understanding the demands of a fast-moving growth company in terms of financials and operations
- Experience in strategy, business casing and sales material creation. You are highly analytical.
- You are fluent in English, other major language skills (and Finnish) are a huge plus due to the international scope of our operations
As a person you:
- Are mission driven and highly ambitious team player
- Match the team oriented, hands-on Spinnova culture
- Have strong communication and influencing skills
- Take initiative, ownership and responsibility for your area AND are willing to support the company’s growth more broadly by working outside of your specific responsibilities
- Could be based in Finland (or in a major European city) and you can travel for work without restrictions
For more information you can contact our partner Mercuri Urval, Senior Consultant, Sanna Kröger on September 7th at 13-17 and September 15th 9-12. Tel: +358405061856 and send an application with the mark of FI-16349 through www.mercuriurval.com. Please apply by September 20th 2021 at the latest.
Our Mission at Spinnova is to produce the most sustainable natural textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity.
The long term goal of Spinnova is to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry for the better.
Spinnova has developed a production technology for a transformative new textile fibre (“SPINNOVA® fibre”) which is produced with a sustainable mechanical production process, without any harmful chemicals. Spinnova fibre can be produced from multiple raw materials, including wood and leather waste, and other renewable raw materials such as agricultural, food and beverage industry waste and textile waste.
Spinnova operates in the textile industry value chain, starting from sustainable raw materials followed by minimum environmental impact fibre process and materials for products that reach consumers. We have established partnerships to commercialize our materials. These include joint ventures with the world’s largest cellulose provider Suzano and KT Trading, the sister company of the shoe manufacturer and retailer ECCO and collaborations with global apparel brands such as adidas, The North Face, Bestseller and the H&M Group. Our first commercial factory is estimated to begin operations at the end of 2022.
Our shares (SPINN) are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki First North Growth Market.