Would you like to become a part of our team and work with cutting edge sports and fitness training watches, apps and web services? Take the next step in your career and join our innovative team that helps people get fitter, faster! At Polar we offer you excellent development opportunities and a dynamic, international working environment.
We are now looking for Hardware Project Leader to our R&D HW- team. In this position we will offer you a unique opportunity to operate both in innovative HW Development and implement planned HW prototype builds with Production.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Lead Hardware Development Planning and Execution
- Define/Coordinate Electrical and Mechanical resource planning; assign tasks
- Plan, manage, and drive on-time delivery of Electrical and Mechanical deliverables, in accordance with the project scope and milestones, as defined by the Program Manager
- Support DFM and DFT reviews leading findings resolution and implementation
- Lead Hardware Validation Planning
- Conduct Hardware releases and ensure on-time hardware deliverables for Electronics
- Plan and execute Hardware prototype builds with Production
- Lead Hardware bring-up and functional verification for prototype and production equipment
- Manage external hardware suppliers for the project
- Align project schedule and technical milestones with hardware suppliers and ensure linking of internal and supplier schedules
- Monitor and control supplier progress throughout the project
- Ensure on time delivery of supplier engineering deliverables according to agreed schedule
- Serve as main Electrical and Mechanical interface in the project both internally and externally
- Act as main technical interface to the Component team / Suppliers to ensure performances and quality targets are met
- Monitor the Bill of Materials cost and define corrective actions to reach defined target jointly with the Program Manager and Purchasing
- Check and ensure quality of engineering deliverables
Qualifications / Skills
- Proven work experience in Project Leading
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills
- Work experience with some project management tool, preferably Atlassian
Preferred location is Polar Headquarters at Kempele, other Polar locations in Finland are negotiable (Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Tampere).
If you are ready to seize this amazing opportunity, let us know and send your application with salary request and CV no later than August 15th, 2022.
Kindly notice that we will start the interviews already during the application period.
For further information, please contact Mr. Kai Pietilä, +358 40 588 8425 or email@example.com. Best time to contact is August 9th from 9.00 to 11.00.