At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com
Business Technology drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
We are looking for a Project Manager to drive various IT projects at Fortum, with specific focus on IT infrastructure and platform projects. You will be part of the BT Program Management Team consisting of 19 people, and you will be located in Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden.
- be a key player in managing IT infrastructure related projects, for example in the area of IT infrastructure, network, cloud migration projects, cyber security, end user services and other platform related projects.
- be defining and getting an agreement on scope, cost estimates, constraints, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of projects. You will work with multiple, cross-functional teams, including the project team and steering group for each project.
- be responsible for Project Estimation and Planning: preparing and maintaining the overall plan for different size projects, from smaller rather straight forward projects to large and very complex projects, ensuring plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts.
- manage the Change Control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project plan from the project stakeholders to ensure full impact and significant changes are understood by project stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- manage Dependencies - leading analysis and ensuring all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively working across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules.
- ensure the best Project Communication – by developing a communication plan to ensure all parties are aware of project scope, milestones, risks, and status. Identify and manage all stakeholders, provide visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management. Deliver accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs. Our working language is English.
- make sure that Financial Management applies corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across program to meet business goals.
- improve Project Performance, identify, and recommend opportunities for improving the delivery model. You are also willing to train and guide other project managers, both internals and externals when needed.
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle. This position is a front row seat in Fortum’s transformation and a change to revolutionize the energy industry. You will work with our top management, internal digital experts and best external consultants to create new value and growth. You will have opportunities to work with exciting and pioneering projects across Fortum. You will be part of a dynamic community of tech enthusiasts and an open-minded leadership team. You shall stay at the pulse of business and help them to master the nuances of the digital world as you will be one of the key players in driving the cultural shift toward digital transformation. You can make a real difference for the cleaner world.
You have extensive experience in managing projects from pre-studies to large implementations in large international business environments. You have successfully managed a wide range of projects related to business and technology in close collaboration with geographically distributed teams. You have a proven track record of getting results in different types of projects, covering all the competence areas needed for successful project management.
Your special focus subject matter area when running projects, has been within IT platform and infrastructure, such as network, security, cloud, end user services etc. We expect you to have run projects in these areas previously. Consultancy background is seen as a strong advantage.
We also look forward that you are willing to share your expertise and train and guide other project managers, both internals and externals when needed.
Ideally, you’ll have a Certification of recognized Project Management organizations (e.g. IMPA, PMI - PMP certification). We expect you to be able to lead projects using various methodologies like agile, waterfall, hybrid.
Very good English language skills are required, both written and spoken.
As a person you have excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills as well as an ability to challenge and motivate others. Goal orientation and high stress tolerance helps you lead several projects simultaneously or one very complex project. You are flexible and ready to take responsibility of projects allocated to you, depending on business needs. You have a positive hands-on attitude, and you can lead your team with high project leadership standards, also being role model in this area.
Please send your CV, application letter and salary request via the application tool by 29th of October.
Finland: To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and health examination including drug testing.