Danfoss Drives is looking for a Lead Engineer to join an exciting journey to Danfoss Drives where we engineer the frequency converters of tomorrow.
The position is located in Vaasa
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for leading development of AC drive switchgear platform for both liquid cooled and air cooled products.
You will be working in close co-operation with the design teams, with product management as well as with our center of excellence teams that are running the customer projects with sales.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of creating world class switchgear solutions for drives and hybrid systems.
Background & Skills
To be considered for this position, you are self-driven and have an active approach to your work and readiness to make decisions and solve problems independently. Capability to organize and handle several matters simultaneously and steer competent development team and ability to challenge the team to the highest potential.
You have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, previous experience from frequency converter switchgears business and from leading of product platform development.
Additionally, we appreciate the following:
- Ability to steer development team to create and maintain required documentation from the relevant designs
- Excellent communication skills towards customers and between different internal stakeholders at all levels and regions (Europe, US, India, China)
- Technical understanding from frequency converter switchgears and from related standards and approvals, like marine and UL
- Experience from project business in marine industry, typical requirements in them and understanding differences in requirements between regions
- Adequate technical understanding from required development and documentation tools
- Understanding from project deliveries related switchgear manufacturing is an asset
- Previous experience from several enclosure brands is on asset
- Previous cooperation with known switchgear manufacturers is an asset
- Language skills, English required, Finnish and Swedish are assets
For further information about the position, please contact Jussi Pouttu, Director, HW Engineering PMDFI, tel. +358 408371554.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Your application is important to us. We would like to inform you that during the summer vacation period, you may experience a delay in response from the recruiter or hiring manager, but we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.