We are looking for
VEO’s areas of expertise – finding electrification and automation solutions for power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization – are perfectly suited for working towards a more sustainable tomorrow. We work together, count on each other and share our know-how as a team. This gives us the courage to develop new insights and create the best solutions for our customers’ success. As an innovative project house with a high level of expertise, we succeed together with our customers. VEO’s headquarters and factory are located in Vaasa, Finland. The company with its subsidiaries employs 470 persons in Finland, Sweden, Norway and the UK. www.veo.fi
In this position, you will lead design team in various projects, planning electrification and automation solutions for our customers. As a Lead Engineer, it is your call to define the technical solutions that will be implemented in projects. You can be sure that your expertise is widely appreciated. Our Sales team, for instance, will count on you when they need technical support in projects related to your skills. As your work can also include commissioning on site, you will have the chance to see the result of your engineering work in practice.
Working as VEO’s Lead Engineer means a great combination of freedom and interesting challenges as part of a result-oriented approach to work. We are flexible about your background and geographical location.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical or automation engineering
- Several years of experience from projects in electrification, automation, instrumentation, testing or commissioning included
- An ability to work both independently and as a part of our design team
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish/Swedish
- Experience in design systems (such as EPLAN Electric, AutoCAD or Vertex)
- Knowledge from different technical and process areas (especially hydro power plants and medium voltage systems)
- Willingness to travel
- Possibility to work with both domestic and international projects
- A key position which gives you the possibility to challenge yourself and develop your professional competence.
- A modern and dynamic work environment and being part of a great team with broad experience within the energy industry
In this job, you're not going to get bored! The best thing about working with us is the versatility, you won’t have two similar days or projects. The position will also provide you an excellent opportunity to learn new things and develop yourself in an open and flexible work community. We offer you broad opportunities and you can influence the direction of your career. We want to help you succeed. Our team also has a great team spirit, help and support can be asked for at a low threshold.
Vaasa, Seinäjoki, Rovaniemi, Paimio or Hybrid
Please leave your application and CV as soon as possible but not later than 31.8.2022
Ari Pätsi, Director, Engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org , +358 50 464 9889)
on summer holiday: weeks 27-30
Kari Hiisvirta, Engineering Manager (email@example.com , +358 50 3075099)
on summer holiday: weeks 26-29
Are you a solution-oriented lead engineer looking for high-quality results? Join our successful team in the global energy business!