Generation division is responsible for the large scale power production, physical optimization and trading activities in the Nordic area. This division comprises nuclear, hydro and wind power production, portfolio management and trading, industrial intelligence and nuclear services.
About the role
We are looking for a proactive, pragmatic and service-minded Legal Counsel with excellent legal skills to join our Fortum Legal Team. As a member of the Fortum Legal Team you will be able to work in an independent and challenging role whilst working closely with Generation business teams, especially on matters related to Corporate Commercial and with special focus on Trading & Optimization.
Trading & Optimization is one of our business areas which optimizes the best price for electricity production and consumption and hedges earnings from operations with commodity derivatives far into the future. This busines area also operates Fortum’s hydro power plants to enable optimization of the Fortum hydro fleet in a volatile and exciting energy market.
You have the great opportunity to develop yourself as a legal professional in the crossroads of digitalization and the energy sector’s transformation. You wil gain deep insight into an industry that is currently impacted by global megatrends, including climate change, resource efficiency and urbanization.
You will work closely with legal and business colleagues throughout Fortum’s international organization, gain insight into an industry that is currently impacted by global megatrends, including climate change, resource efficiency and urbanization. Based either in Espoo (Finland) or Stockholm (Sweden) you will work with our teams in the Nordics, as well as Fortum’s international partners and customers globally. In your role, you will report to Vice President, Legal Generation.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Providing legal support to the business units in Generation, with special focus on Corporate Commercial and Trading & Optimization
• Acting as one of two responsible Legal Counsels for our business area Trading & Optimization supporting business, boards, and management teams
• Drafting and negotiating various types of agreements and enhancing positive regulation development
• Contributing to the development of legal and compliance processes, as well as the Fortum Legal Team
With us, you can take an active role in driving the change for a cleaner world. To reach our goals, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, can we reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible. For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a unique career path. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
- You have a Master of Laws degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in a law firm and/or as an in-house counsel
- Experience in working in an international environment and/or with international customers/clients is an advantage
- You are fluent in English. Command of Finnish and/or Swedish is considered an advantage
- You are business-oriented and able to provide practical and solution-oriented legal advice
- As an organized person you are able to prioritize your tasks and manage deadlines
- You have great communication skills and a team-player attitude
Submit your application via our online recruitment tool by 9th of December at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Henny Norderyd ,VP Generation Legal, +46 705455485 or through email email@example.com or by calling +46 705455485.
Finland: To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Sweden: For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00.
Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä
Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf
At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com