About the job
You will work in a dynamic multinational project-based environment focusing on logistics solutions to our global client base. As our team member, you will work in client projects among different disciplines focusing on logistics but also have the opportunity to manage own logistics projects. The position is specifically focused on Pulp and Paper, Packaging and Tissue sectors but there will be also projects in other industries.
Your tasks will include supporting our client in the following fields
- Logistics concept, operation and investment design for green and brownfield mills
- Logistics assessment in site selection
- Logistics network / footprint design using advanced technics like simulation
- Design of sourcing and distribution logistics
- Logistics partnership selection and collaboration model
- Logistics in mill layout design
- Material handling and automation (e.g. automated warehouses)
- Logistics digitalization
- Further processing in the supply chain (e.g. converting in paper, packaging and tissue)
Who are you?
The person we are looking for has
- At least 5 years work experience from relevant logistics fields
- Relevant university degree (M.Sc./B.Sc. e.g. in Pulp and Paper science, Industrial Engineering, logistics)
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills, interest towards logistics and a mindset for development
- Full fluency in English (oral and written) is a necessity. Proficiency in any other language is a clear advantage
- Team playing skills with ability to work in cross-functional and multinational teams
- Willingness to work in different industry sectors in an international environment
In addition, we appreciate working experience in the Paper and/or packaging converting, automation for material handling, use of advanced logistics modelling tools and digitalization in logistics.
We provide you the opportunities to deepen your logistics expertise in a specific field or widen your knowledge to new areas and industries. You will have an opportunity to work and collaborate with the top experts of a field of logistics and a multidisciplinary team with 17,000 colleagues around the world. Our work is demanding, but it is accompanied by freedom – freedom to develop and learn, and to combine professional and private life into a fulfilling match.
We at AFRY want to builda better future and find the best solutions, serving our clients but also the wider society. We are a modern employer strongly driven by our values based on long-term sustainability.
Read more about AFRY and what our employees tell about their work https://afry.com/en/join-us/get-know-us
To hear more about this position please contact Jyrki Latvala, tel. +358 50 378 5422, Tuesdays and Thursdays (at 9-10 am).
Interested in this position? Please note that we interview applicants already during the application period and the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found. Please submit your CV and cover letter with salary request by latest on September 15th.
Benefits at AFRY
AFRY employees are supported with lunch, sports, cultural, massage and commuting benefits. During remote work and leisure AFRY employees are covered by accident insurance. If a child of an AFRY employee becomes ill, they have a right to receive help in caring for the child.
AFRY employees are active organizers of free-time clubs, and our activities range locally from crossfit to golf and from hand crafts to board games. We support free-time clubs widely and also encourage active commuting. To commute emission-free, AFRY employees in permanent employment have the right to employment bicycle. All AFRY offices offer free breakfast porridge to active commuters.
Sustainability at AFRY
Sustainability is part of AFRY’s business strategy and a prerequisite for AFRY’s business as a whole. We connect technologies to create sustainable progress for you. Read more here.
About the company
AFRY is a European leader in engineering, design, and advisory services, with a global reach. We accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society.
We are 16,000 devoted experts in infrastructure, industry, energy and digitalisation, creating sustainable solutions for generations to come.