Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar Services is looking for a Logistics Manager who will support the customer, business and Cargotec environmental strategy by developing and maintaining a high-performance transportation system of spare parts, including freights and packaging. The Logistics Manager will also be responsible for optimizing the transportation and distribution of raw materials and finished products, and will be reporting to the VP Services Supply Chain. The position could be based in any of Cargotec's locations.
- Overall Global transportation strategy for spare parts including transparent planning, packaging, freight models and requirements on carriers
- Develop and maintain a global transport management system for end to end integrated transparency
- Based on requirements from Spare Part Business and relevant parameters define an overall plan for packaging
- Based on market lead time requirements, costs and environmental parameters build a plan for freight modes and formulate the requirements on carriers
- Develop and maintain cost control for freights and packaging
- Participate in freight RFQ processes
- Lead a team to secure a non-disruptive transport system to support the customer:
- On time deliveries
- Direct delivery process
- End to end freight charging model
- Official documents required for logistics purposes
- Freight invoice audit process
- KPIs, performance monitoring and business review meetings
- Challenge, guide, develop and coach professionals to continuously improve key skills.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree or similar, preferably specialised in Logistics/Supply Chain
- At least 5-8 years of working experience in logistics, preferably in a global matrix organisation
- Prior experience in transportation business
- Experience from leading a team
- Prior experience from Spare parts / Service business is an asset
- Analytical and structured
- Good leadership and management capabilities.
- Ability to motivate and inspire people and build trust.
- Energetic, positive attitude and result oriented.
- Problem solver.
- Fluent communication skills in English, both in speaking and writing.
You will be part of:
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Peter Berndtson, VP Services Supply Chain, by phone at +46372378130. (or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application with salary request and CV.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people. www.cargotec.com