Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunnelling, and quarrying.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now recruiting for an Order Desk Specialist with a focus on Load and Haul equipment upgrades and Digital Services orders in our Parts & Services Division. The Division drives the aftermarket business keeping customers’ fleet on track with services, solutions, and parts. The position will be in Turku, Finland.
As the Order Desk Specialist, you will provide support to the Parts & Services Product Line and sales channel to ensure customer orders and upgrade kit deliveries for Load & Haul offerings and digital services offerings are managed effectively and warranty issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate shipment performance and invoicing according to kit production schedule, plan packing, loading and shipment of the kits to reduce logistics times
- Expedite kits and assist with data quality, accuracy, and business reporting according to production information and Customer instructions
- Carry out pre-booking with freight forwarders to optimize shipment time
- Follow logistics imperatives (vessel, airplane availabilities) and coordinate schedule changes and kit priorities
- Monitor logistics flows for any changes and keep stakeholders informed
- Organize kit packing internally or externally (order trucks to move kits to suppliers if needed)
- Prepare and issue expedition documents such as: load lift order, invoicing, packing-list, bill of lading, for all Customers, Sales Areas, forwarders, and banks
- Track shipment and communicate shipping details
- Follow up commercial information and shipment constraints to ensure fast invoicing and efficient customs clearance
- Ensure data quality and accuracy within CRM Salesforce by screening Opportunities information.
- Provide administrative support to the Rebuild & Upgrades Portfolio and assist with data quality, accuracy, and business reporting
- Manage Customer complaints in terms of logistics and follow up disputes with freight forwarders, insurance packers, transporters
- A a suitable technical or commercial degree and few years order desk or internal sales experience.
- High-level attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong customer focus: solution oriented, autonomous, and pragmatic
- Excellent knowledge of export procedures: incoterms, documentary credits
- Great knowledge of transport and freight options
- Good understanding of warranty processes
You are flexible, self-motivated and an excellent communicator. You are pro-active with excellent planning and organising skills. You have a high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity and you have strong negotiation and stakeholder skills. You understand and manage data and work in relevant systems. As we operate in an international setting, you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
What is in it for you
We offer you an exciting role in which you have the opportunity to work within an international business environment, with extraordinary products, great colleagues, and opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. We have an inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment, wherever in the world we operate. Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritize the safety and well-being of our employees, build the foundation of how we work today. We also recognize the importance of inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect, and trust, enhance our working lives, and help each other’s growth and career development. Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
For further information about this position, please contact Francois Nell, Portfolio Manager – Rebuilds & Upgrades, Parts & Services Division, email@example.com
Submit your application and CV including your salary request no later than 31 October 2021.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers. If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume. Job ID: R0033103.