Do you want to be in the front line converting renewable resources into sustainable results?
Valmet is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Being a leader in technology and innovation is one of our must-wins and Valmet holds 1,300 protected inventions in our patent portfolio.
We are now offering you an excellent opportunity to join the Valmet IPR team as a Patent Engineer!
Your main responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the IPR activities of your designated technology area and working closely with R&D, you follow up on R&D projects and proactively encourage them to file invention disclosures.
- You analyze the patentability and business potential of inventions together with relevant stakeholders, such as R&D and sales
- You create patent applications and process those into valuable patents together with external patent agents around the world
- Patent portfolio management is an essential part of your duties to recognize valuable inventions and ensure a cost-effective patent portfolio
- You monitor competitor patent activity
- You provide freedom-to-operate investigations and opinions
- You advise and train others in IPR matters
To be successful in this position you have:
- A relevant master's degree in, for example, bio-products, process or mechanical engineering
- An excitement to learn new things and a desire to challenge existing practices
- At least three years' experience within the patent area or a passion to become a professional in the IPR field
- A qualification of professional representation in front of patent offices is valued as an asset
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Finnish and basic level German
Your way of working is proactive, systematic and you are detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture. You enjoy working with others but also work well independently with the ability to work under pressure.
What we offer:
We offer an interesting position as a key member of our IPR team with opportunities for professional development in an international IP organization. You will get to work with first class tools for IP management together with great inventors and eager colleagues. To support and inspire you, you will have a team of professionals by your side, and an innovative and positive work environment.
Did we catch your interest? For additional information about this position, please contact Ari Malkasaari, Director, Paper Mills IPR, +358 400530643, email@example.com
To apply, please fill out and submit our electronic application form by May 16th at the latest. Please attach your CV and salary expectation.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.
Join the team and share that feeling of working together to make a difference! www.valmet.com/careers