Product Owner, eCom and Digital Development, Onninen, BTT IT (fixed-term contract till at least October 2022)
Are you enthusiastic about trade and new challenges and can you think digitally? Do you want to take part in creating unforgettable customer experiences? Join K Group and write your chapter in a European trading sector success story.
K Group is looking for an IT Product Owner to be part of an well-established, energetic, in-house agile software development team. You will be learning from and contributing to a team of experts, working closely with developers, other Product Owners, designers, business owners and customers to build strategic digital solutions for Kesko’s Onninen business. Your specific areas of responsibility will be product ownership of key digital development, with your own sub-team of developers, designers and QAs, turning ideas into digital reality and generating tangible value for Onninen and its customers. Additionally, you will contribute to road-mapping, planning and concept development of ideas coming through the program funnel for future development.
The position is fixed term, to at least October 2022, covering maternity leave. There are presently five Product Owners in the team, which is itself currently ramping up and expanding. Following this engagement, there is a high probability of continuation, for the right person, either in this role, or some other digital development role within the team.
What we expect from you:
Training and education
• Master’s university degree in either IT or digital fields
• sound on-the-job experience in digital product development, or similar role operating in the nexus between business and IT, developing digital solutions development and helping to turn good ideas into great digital solutions
• at least 2 years working as a Product Owner in the area of digital development, or similar role
• at least 2 years proven ability making great digital/IT products, that make business and/or customer happy
• experience acting as the bridge between technical development and business owners or customers
• experience using lean and agile methods
• some higher level software and IT development experience is a benefit, but this it not a coding or deeply technically position – it’s more about creating great quality digital solutions that meet the needs of customers and business
Skills and competencies
• knows how to get from idea to MVP and beyond, in leanest, fastest manner, with the team
• at home working in a software development team: owning overall solution and feature development, prioritising the backlog, removing impediments, estimation and work planning, iteration planning with the team, helping to design features, working tightly with designers and software developers
• some experience with QA testing and production support of IT services
• strong organiser and planner, adept at operating agile while at the same time being strongly disciplined in the right places
• broad, high-level knowledge of digital development technology capabilities, solution types and trends, though no coding required
• understands business processes quickly and how to translate those to the world of digital services and solutions – has a business and customer orientated approach, but able to balance that with IT constraints
• good communicator and strong team-player
• detail orientated, with structured and logical approach to problem-solving
• customer and quality orientated with excellent ability to see solutions and quality consideration from the stakeholder’s or user’s point of view
• great at prioritising own work as well as the backlog, with an eye to getting the biggest value out with the least work
• eagerness to continuously learn and develop personally, as well as to continuously improve ways of working in own area
What we offer you:
• a place in a large, fun, seasoned agile digital development team, full of top developers, designers and product owners, working closely with driven business owners
• the opportunity to develop some great digital products that make our customers happy
• a brand-new, modern workspace in Kesko’s headquarters in Kalasatama, Helsinki
• a wealth of Kesko employee benefits
• a flexible and practical attitude to remote work and working hours, as well as a healthy balance between work and personal life
• commitment to your continuous personal development, on-the-job and via formal training
K Group is a strong and responsible operator in eight countries and we are constantly transforming and evolving. At K Group, you can build a career alongside top European trading sector professionals. We offer you interesting challenges and new perspectives every day. We take care of each other, our customers, the society and the environment.
For more information, contact Mark Hanagan, mark.hanagan(#at#)kesko.fi. I will either get back to you via email, or arrange a time for a quick chat, depending on the nature of your enquiry.
Send your application by 10 October 2021, using the link below.
At K Group, you can build a career alongside 42,000 European trading sector experts. We operate in the grocery trade, the building and technical trade, and the car trade. Independent K-retailer entrepreneurs are the heart of our operation, and inspire the mission of the whole K Group to offer good food, make everyday life easier and make the world a better place. Through strong collaboration throughout the organisation, we are able to constantly exceed our customers’ expectations in stores, online and as a B2B partner.