An exciting opportunity has arisen as Product Safety Assurance Director in Kongsberg Maritime. Kongsberg Maritime is a world leader in marine technology. With an extensive portfolio of innovative and integrated products and solutions, Kongsberg Maritime delivers efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and environmental sustainability to enhance the business of its customers. You will, as our dedicated and proactive Product Safety Assurance Director, enable Kongsberg Maritime as an organization to provide products and services that are safe for their intended purpose throughout the lifecycle.
Your mission will be to ensure our product safety culture is strong at all levels, support stakeholders with your specialist knowledge and product safety reviews. This role is of high importance to Kongsberg Maritime, and you will functionally report to the Technology leadership team. It is key that you are collaborative, have a positive attitude, find solutions, and show outstanding analytical skills.
- Functional safety leadership, meaning to lead the Safety Team and facilitate Safety Boards in Kongsberg Maritime
- Enable a safety culture across our organization:
- Process owner of the product safety process and lead an implementation of our harmonized safety process
- Collaborate closely with QHSE and our Global Customer Support Major Incident Team to ensure consistency on a global basis
- Provide professional support to product teams, such as proactive product safety work and guidance based on safety processes when experiencing potential safety issues
- Provide specialist guidance on common tools such as fleet risk assessment, risk evaluation, ALARP, Weibull, RAM, Markov and FMECA
- Establish product safety enabling systems such as installed product databases and in-service experience data
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in an engineering field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a relevant field, e.g. safety or maritime
- Technical knowledge and understanding of product safety systems and tools (FMECA, RAM, ALARP, risk evaluation, fleet risk assessment, etc)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in English
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote product safety and reliability successfully
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
One of Kongsberg Maritime’s locations in either Norway, Sweden, or Finland
Point of contact
Hildegunn McLernon, SVP Technology, +47 95811390
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
APPLICATION DEADLINE 30/01/2022