Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMR) is a leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and support for the mining industry. We also provide solutions and knowledge in a wide range of applications such as quarrying, recycling, demolition, tunneling, civil engineering and dimensional stone. Division Load & Haul’s Turku plant within SMR is a global technology and manufacturing center for loading & hauling equipment. We are now looking for a dynamic and proactive Product Safety Engineer. The position is permanent and based in Turku, Finland.
As a Product Safety Engineer, your main responsibility is to ensure together with key stakeholders that new and existing products placed into market are in compliance with the applicable safety regulations in their intended market areas.
In this role, you will
- focus on improving product safety in our projects
- lead risk assessments
- perform safety analyses
- write safety related documentation
- give training internally on product safety regulations and processes.
Your background and what we find important
We are looking for someone with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, safety or other related field of study. You have an understanding of functional safety and risk assessment methods. Experience in working with mobile machinery and regulations or standards are advantages. You are a good team player and able to work in international multi-cultural environment. Fluent spoken and written English is required in this role.
For us it’s clear that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a successful business environment, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you to our team!
We offer you
- Interesting and challenging role surrounded by a dynamic and highly skilled group of professionals.
- Opportunities for your professional development in various Sandvik training and development programs.
- A sustainability-focused, diverse and inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our Solid Ground stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Mikko Jalonen, Product Safety Manager, tel. +358 405544786. Contacts on Wednesday May 12th 1:00-3:00 pm, EET, on Monday May 17th 1:00-3:00 pm, EET and on Thursday May 20th 1.00-3:00 pm, EET.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact:
HR Services Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (8:00-4:00 pm, EET).
Want to join our Sandvik team?
Submit your application and CV including your salary request by Sunday May 23rd, 2021.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume.
Job ID: R0027858