Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
We are offering a position as a Project Engineer, System at Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Grid Integration business in Vaasa, Tampere or Helsinki.
The business unit designs and delivers complete substations for distribution and transmission grids. We are offering an interesting position in an international project environment and various development possibilities in the areas of design and engineering, research and development.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for the system and secondary engineering. Since the work is conducted in projects, with every case being unique, your role will be very varying, such as responsibility for all activities related to system and secondary design, which includes everything from base design to final delivery. Examples of daily activities are developing design drawings, generating basic documents for construction and performing engineering calculations. At Hitachi ABB Power Grids, you will have the opportunity to test your designer skills in various types of projects, both in Finland and abroad.
- Active participation in the development of project engineering
- Prepare, update and support the project execution in system and secondary engineering activities
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers, Primary Engineers and Project Managers in international project environment
- Design, prepare and review or overview engineering aspects such as substation design basis, single line diagrams, protection, metering and interlocking diagrams, panel design, relay settings and configurations, LVAC and DC, cabling and testing and commissioning. Also ensure that system and secondary part is designed and executed according to the given specifications, considering local regulations and requirements.
- Work with internal team and sub-contractors to develop a complete substation secondary design packages
- Participate in testing and commissioning
- Participate in installation supervision at site or provide support to site team from office
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical or Automation engineering
- Previous experience from Project Engineer position
- Knowledge of substation control and protection systems is considered as an advantage
- Basic knowledge of applicable standards is required (IEC, SFS, Eurocode)
- Good verbal and written skills in Finnish and English. Other language skills (Swedish, Russian) are considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge in CAD and in particular Microstation or E3 is preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP is considered as an advantage
- Ability to clearly communicate with Hitachi ABB Power Grids and Customer personnel in order to successfully collaborate, coordinate, and resolve project related activities and issues
- Ability to make things happen
- Willing to enter into international projects
- Travel is required; up to 20% both domestic and international
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
Yhteystiedot: For more information about this role, please contact Seppo Pasto, Engineering Manager, tel. +358 50 33 42614 or Hannu Hautala, Senior Project Lead Engineer (team leader), tel. +358 50 334 2596.
Työpaikan osoite: Virtaviiva 9 A, 65320 VAASA
Työ alkaa: as soon as possible
Työn kesto: yli 12 kuukautta
Haku päättyy: 15.08.2021
Jätä hakemus: Ready for a new exciting challenge? Apply for the position by August 15, 2021. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Apply for the position with the job id FI51195692 at https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/career.
Ilmoitus jätetty: 03.06.2021
Lähde: TE-palvelujen asiakastietojärjestelmä