Lead our business development projects
In this position you will lead our IT-related and other business development projects. We offer you an opportunity to be an important part in developing our business and also develop yourself.
Our previous PMO accepted new challenges within Instru Optiikka Oy, so we are looking for now
Project Management Officer
to our main office Espoo.
You are expected to provide PMO support in the widest possible sense, from setting up workshops and meetings to running project reports and following up on open actions and budget control activities.
You will independently manage the delivery of (complex) projects within agreed time and budget constraints, work with internal and external stakeholders and find effective solutions to facilitate the delivery of IT Service Delivery projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Support the global program managers and project managers in applying an industrialized way of working, from start to end of project
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the sponsors and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with sponsors to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with sponsors as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Educated to Bachelors level, preferably experienced working within international teams
- Experience within a complex organisation is a must and there is a preference for previous IT PMO experience
- Understanding of project administration and creating a project spend and forecast for inputs to the monthly reporting and quarterly budgeting
- Qualification in one or more of the following; Prince2, PMI and/or Agile
- A strong command of MS Office/MS Project, MS SharePoint, Jira and Confluence
- Good command of written/verbal business English
You will report to Finance Director. We will encourage you to maintain your proficiency by attending conferences and trainings. We appreciate flexible and organised way of working. You are welcome to join our motivated IT team.
Please send your CV and cover letter to www.mercuriurval.fi using ref.no. FI-16111 no later than 13th of June. For additional information please contact Mercuri Urval Consultant Juha Laurila +358 44 975 7848.
Instru Optics includes Instrumentarium, Nissen and Keops, so we have excellent career opportunities. At Instru Optiikka Oy, we offer you a great work community that, despite its large size, warmly welcomes all new employees. We are a traditional and stable employer driven by a desire to be the market-leading eye care professional and the number one choice for our customers. We are part of the global GrandVision group that enables international collaboration and interesting career paths. We are the market leader in our country, and it is our heart's desire to find solutions that suit every customer's life situation.