INTO PEOPLE AND PROJECTS?
WE WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOU
For decades, customers have counted on us to develop the most durable products on the market. With every Sandvik machine we engineer, we prioritize safety and reliability, and apply the right technology for each application. We don’t just supply equipment. We provide peace of mind that your business will keep moving.
Surface Drilling Division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions calls for a Project Manager. The position is based in Tampere, where Surface Drilling has a global technology and manufacturing center for drilling equipment.
About the job
You have overall responsibility of project management in specific divisional projects. Responsibilities include project planning, leading, monitoring, communicating, executing, and controlling of the projects within the specified scope, quality, and schedule. You are leading the project teams and working in close co-operation with the project stakeholders from various functions and divisions. You have also an opportunity to further develop the project management & control processes and ways of working.
The main responsibilities are:
- Project planning and scheduling: Preparation of the project proposals; creating and updating the project plans focusing on work breakdown structure, resource planning and budget.
- Project management: Executing projects with Sandvik project model, DMAIC, 8D or other appropriate project structure; leading the project team with active and effective communication; scope control & change management; managing dependencies and mitigating risks; lessons learnt, hand-over and closure of the projects.
- Project control: Evaluating and reporting cost, quality and progress of all project stakeholders including R&D, Sourcing, Supply, Technical Services and Sales
- Development of current project management and -control way of working and processes
The variety of projects can include:
- New Product Development (NPD): Leading role in executing the NPD Process Model for new product offering
- Product Quality, Cost & Feature Improvements: Driving customer satisfaction and value by continuously improving our current offering
- New Process Development: Designing and ramping up new business critical processes. Focuses on new cross-functional processes with end-to-end business focus.
- Cross Functional Programs: Division level programs aiming to drive improvements in ways of working within the whole division
About you and what we find important
You have a University degree in a related field, preferably a M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering or Economics. You have experience in project execution and understanding of what delivering a successful project requires, but even more importantly you adapt quickly to new ways of working & processes and are good at communicating effectively in a cross-functional environment. We expect you to communicate and generate project documentation fluently in English. In addition to MS Office advanced level usage, knowledge of MS Project or any other PM-software is highly appreciated. Proactive way of working and excellent skills in problem solving will be needed to succeed in the position. You enjoy working under pressure in the multicultural project environment leading the project team to meet the challenging project targets and milestones satisfying the customer needs in the end.
What is in it for you?
We offer you excellent opportunities to further develop your expertise with our top quality, high-tech products and to acquire international experience in a global business environment. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. We have an inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
For further information about this position please contact:
Olli Parviainen, Project & Process Office Manager, tel +358 400147602, email@example.com. Available for calls during weekdays between 28th June – 11th July.
For further information regarding the recruitment process please contact Sandvik HR Services, +358 (0)800 1 44444.
Want to join our team?
Submit your application and CV including your salary request by 1 August 2021.
If you wish to add a cover letter to your application, please make sure to attach the file when uploading your resume.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers. Job ID: R0029158
Deadline: Aug 1