Danfoss Editron is leading the electrification revolution. Our mission is to end pollution with electrification. Editron specializes in hybrid and electric powertrain systems for the marine, off-highway and on-highway markets. A business division of Danfoss, it develops and manufactures high-performance power systems for heavy-duty vehicles, machines and marine vessels based on synchronous reluctance assisted permanent magnet technology.
We are growing fast globally and would like to invite you to join the award-winning team and to work on the technologies that will enable the world of tomorrow to do more with less.
Danfoss Power Solutions Editron is looking for a QEHS Manager, who has the passion to design and implement long-term progressive QEHS development plans and objectives based on the principle of first time right, that supports the company’s strategy and aspiration as high-tech enterprise and market leader in its business. Lappeenranta is Editron’s production and development lead plant, servicing customers around the globe.
This position is vital to the continued success of Danfoss Power Solutions Editron as the role is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction (internally and externally) and performance through the implementation and application of an efficient and effective QEHS across the scope of the business.
The position is located in Lappeenranta.
As our new QEHS manager, you will work closely with all areas of the organization to drive quality, environment, health, and safety improvement projects. In addition, you will work as quality-link with customers and suppliers in line with the QEHS management system.
This job calls for you to be able to maneuver in a diverse environment that will both develop and challenge your skills as you stay focused on the path ahead. It will require great stakeholder, change management, presentation and communication skills as you navigate several levels in the organization.
Last but not least, you will be the leader for the local onsite QEHS team, which means you will manage, coach and develop a high performing quality team that meets agreed objectives; and you will ensure that cross-functional teams are formed for the review and resolution of non-conformance or non-compliance to standards and/or regulations as required.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, implement and maintain QEHS to meet the requirements for Danfoss Power Solutions, ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
• Execute and analyze DPS quality-reporting measures to ensure achievement of overall company goals.
• Work closely with customers, manufacturing, engineering and procurement to ensure that our quality standards and costing initiatives are upheld.
• Manage your quality team and develop the competencies of the team via coaching, training, and continuous improvement activities, keep the team highly efficient and motivated to assure operational excellence.
• Provide clear leadership for the development of an environment focused on Safety and Quality.
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate is continuously seeking for better solutions, result-oriented, charismatic, able to coach and manage, holds an engineering degree and has solid experience gathered from a similar position in IATF 16949 compliant company.
Furthermore, you have:
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g. assembly, machining, soldering, painting etc.) and mechanical or/and electrical engineering
- Working knowledge and proven experience of using core quality tools (APQP, FMEA, CP, MSA, SPC, PPAP),
- Broad knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and proven experience of building management systems based on those standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluent in English (and Finnish as benefit) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, Senior Managers and Subject Matter Experts
- High level of ambition, performance orientation and a track record of driving continuous improvement in a global industrial setting
For further information about the position, please contact Director, Operations Timo Koljonen at +358405936034, best time to contact is at 8-8.30 or 13.30-14.00 o´clock.
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Riina Suomela at +358 40 8371 981
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.