Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a R&D Engineer of Embedded Software at ABB Oy, Smart Power unit in Vaasa, you will be working on R&D projects, developing the next generation products, together with highly skilled and innovative engineers. You will collaborate with a global network of partners and other functions of the unit.
Reporting to the R&D Team Manager, you will contribute creative ideas to R&D projects, as well as proposing follow-up projects and activities based on new ideas. Are you an innovative R&D engineer with collaboration skills?
- Taking part in product development activities, including requirement analysis, coding, debugging and testing
- Developing embedded software in a team
- Working closely with other developers, test engineers and project managers to support the planning of software verification
- Monitoring technology developments and ABB products and technologies, and identifying technical drivers for R&D projects
- Participating in working teams, disseminating technical/scientific knowledge in projects, and assisting colleagues in applying processes and tools
- Identifying risks in R&D projects
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or an equivalent degree (or you will graduate soon)
- Experience in C programming
- Experience in embedded SW development
- Understanding of electronic control system hardware
- A proactive and systematic way of working
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English
- Experience in software test automation and the tools, languages and methods involved, preferably Python and Robot Framework
More about us:
ABB Smart Power is a global technology and market leader in low voltage switch-disconnectors and main production site is in Vaasa. Our solutions make power supplies smart, connected and protected. We offer you a challenging position in one of the most advanced factories in the world. Our digital journey has started already years ago, we lead the way.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
Yhteystiedot: For more information contact R&D Team Manager Timo Jokiniemi, tel. +358 50 334 3214.
Työpaikan osoite: Muottitie 2, 65320 VAASA
Työ alkaa: As soon as possible
Työn kesto: yli 12 kuukautta
Haku päättyy: 27.10.2021
Jätä hakemus: Interested in joining the crew? Please apply for the position by October 27, 2021 at https://careers.abb/global/en/job/79854935/R-D-Engineer-Embedded-Software. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Ilmoitus jätetty: 14.10.2021
TE-palvelujen ilmoitusnumero: 11005640
Lähde: TE-palvelujen asiakastietojärjestelmä