Do you want to work in the front line of building a sustainable future?
Valmet's Paper Business line has solid experience of developing and providing advanced technologies for board, tissue and paper production. Valmet's offering ranges from key components and individual machine sections to entire production lines and machine rebuilds.
We are looking for a R&D Engineer or R&D Manager to support our growth and development of new solutions to compete against non-recyclable products in area of plastic replacement. This position belongs to Valmet Paper & Board Technology Unit and your role is to manage and carry out R&D-projects in area of functional barriers.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Manage R&D projects to help us strengthen our knowledge about barriers
- Plan, lead and carry out laboratory & pilot scale tests
- Analyze the test results and create reports
- Keep up and follow the new technological developments around your responsibility areas
- Support the path where we bring ideas to life and available for our customers
- Serve your unique expertise also to other on-going R&D projects
This position is based in Järvenpää, Finland.
Expectations for you
To be a successful in this position we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Chemistry background in studies (B.Sc or M.Sc.)
- Understanding of barrier-materials & polymers
- Proactive, positive and independent way of working
- Capability to work in a multicultural matrix organization with multidisciplinary teams
- Hands-on-attitude and readiness for practical research & development
- Developmental attitude
These are considered as an advantage for the applicant:
- Experience of board & paper industry
- Existing knowledge on barriers
- Understanding of process industry & processes
- Knowledge of food safety issues
We offer a challenging position with a trailblazing view to the fiber-based industry. You will be a part of a versatile team that is driving the world toward a more sustainable future. The content of the position can be tailored to fit the chosen applicant's strengths, background and ambitions.
For additional information about this position please contact Tommi Vanhala, Senior Manager, Coaters & Calenders +358 40 772 3846. Available for calls: Wed. 4.8. 10:00-12:00, Mon. 9.8. 13:00-15:00 and Wed. 11.8. 15:00-17:00.
If this sounds like the job you are looking for and you are ready to go for it, apply soon latest by 12th of August 2021 by filling our electronic application form with CV. We are reviewing applications already during the application period.
Valmet Finland is a non-smoke workplace.
When everything works together Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.Valmet has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) already for the seven consecutive years. In 2020, Valmet has also achieved the best A rating in CDP's climate program ranking. Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers