Do you want to work in the front line of building a sustainable future?
Valmet's Paper Business line has solid experience of developing and providing advanced technologies for board, tissue and paper production. Valmet's offering ranges from key components and individual machine sections to entire production lines and machine rebuilds.
We are looking for a R&D Engineer or Senior R&D Engineer to support our growth and development of new solutions to compete against non-recyclable products in area of plastic replacement. This position belongs to Valmet Paper & Board Technology Unit and your role is to manage and carry out R&D-projects in area of molded fiber products. In this role you have an excellent opportunity to affect lives on a global scale and change the world for better.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Plan and carry out R&D-projects in area of molded fiber products
- Carry out laboratory & pilot scale tests
- Analyze the test results and create reports
- Create new equipment design and guide subcontract engineering
- Drive for continuous improvement of the products
- Keep up and follow the new technological developments around your responsibility areas
- Support the path where we bring ideas to life and available for our customers
This position is based in Jyväskylä or Järvenpää, Finland.
Expectations for you
To be a successful in this position we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- A relevant technical education such as Bachelor's or Master's degree in, for example, paper, process or mechanical engineering
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Capability to work in a multicultural matrix organization with multidisciplinary teams
- Readiness for hands-on-work and practical research & development
- Developmental attitude & problem-solving skills
- Capability to use 3D modelling software (knowledge of Catia is valued, but not required)
These are considered as an advantage for the applicant:
- Experience in board & paper industry
- Understanding the technical aspects of things
- Knowledge of packing design
- Readiness to travel occasionally
We offer you a challenging position with a trailblazing view to the fiber-based industry. You will be a part of a versatile team that is driving the world toward a more sustainable future. The content of the position can be tailored to fit the chosen applicant's strengths, background, and ambitions.
For additional information about this position please contact Sampo Immonen, Senior Manager, Line R&D +358 50317 2001. Availability: 19.7.2021 17:00-19:00, 22.7.2021 17:00-19:00, 26.7.2021 17:00-19:00 and 2.8.2021 15:00-17:00.
If this sounds like the job you are looking for and you are ready to go for it, apply soon latest by 5th of August 2021 by filling our electronic application form with CV. We are reviewing applications already during the application period.
Valmet Finland is a non-smoke workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.Valmet has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) already for the seven consecutive years. In 2020, Valmet has also achieved the best A rating in CDP's climate program ranking.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers