Do you want to work in the front line of building a sustainable future?
Valmet's Paper Business line has solid experience of developing and providing advanced technologies for board, tissue and paper production. Valmet's offering ranges from key components and individual machine sections to entire production lines and machine rebuilds.
We are looking for a R&D Manager to support our growth and development of new solutions to compete against non-recyclable products in area of plastic replacement. This position belongs to Valmet Paper & Board Technology Unit and your role will be to manage and lead multiple R&D projects as well as create new initiatives of development. In this role you have an excellent opportunity to affect lives on a global scale and change the world for better.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Manage and lead several R&D-projects in the area of plastic replacement
- Analyze business feasibility of different solutions and development paths
- Keep up and follow the new technological developments around your responsibility areas
- Support the path where we bring ideas to life and available for our customers
- Build and upkeep good connections to internal and external stakeholders
This position is based in Jyväskylä or Järvenpää, Finland.
Expectations for you
To be a successful in this position we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- A relevant technical education such as Master's degree for example in paper, process or mechanical engineering
- Ability to manage & guide several R&D projects
- Business-acumen (how to turn technical & process value into revenue)
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Capability to work in a multicultural matrix organization with multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to understand phenomena and processes
- Developmental and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Finnish, as well as presentation skills
- Readiness to travel
These are considered as an advantage for the applicant:
- Experience of board and paper industry
- Understanding the technical aspects of things
- Team leading skills
We offer a challenging position with a trailblazing view to the fiber-based industry. You will be a part of a versatile team that is driving the world towards a more sustainable future.
For additional information about this position please contact Sampo Immonen, Senior Manager, Line R&D +358 50317 2001. Availability: 19.7.2021 17:00-19:00, 22.7.2021 17:00-19:00 and 26.7.2021 17:00-19:00.
If this sounds like the job you are looking for and you are ready to go for it, apply soon latest by 5th of August 2021 by filling our electronic application form with CV. We are reviewing applications already during the application period.
Valmet Finland is a smoke free workplace.
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.Valmet has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) already for the seven consecutive years. In 2020, Valmet has also achieved the best A rating in CDP's climate program ranking.
Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers