Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an R&D Senior Software Engineer and member of a scrum team, you will contribute significantly to technology and product development projects by designing and developing software for both existing and new solutions.
Reporting to the Design Manager you will use your technical knowledge to oversee development tasks and to contribute to strategic technology plans and the project portfolio. Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods and we reserve 20% of our working time to continuous improvement.
- Designing, developing, and testing software for new component-based architecture and existing solutions. Some examples are ABB Ability Edge, Industrial Gateway, ABB Drivetune and ABB Virtual Drive
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods, and implementing initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction
- Communicating abstract and complex issues to stakeholders in a practical and hands-on manner
- Providing expert assistance for projects and colleagues, acting as a mentor and disseminating lessons learned
- Providing consulting services to business operations and customers, and representing the group/team in engineering
- Five years of experience in software engineering, preferably with Agile processes (Scrum)
- Sound knowledge of C/C++ and experience in developing (embedded) systems and ability to work with legacy code with limited documentation and acquire information from standards
- Knowledge of communication protocols and developing with Windows
- Knowledge of Jenkins, GIT, Python, Cloud Services, Microsoft TFS, Visual Studio and Linux are an advantage
- A solution-focused approach, interest in Industrial IoT and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A M.Sc or B.Sc in software, automation or electrical engineering
- Fluent skills in English, Finnish is an advantage
More about us
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your application with a reference code FI78357311. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Yhteystiedot: For more information, contact Mikko A. Nevalainen, +358 50 335 8795 on Mondays 14-15 Finnish time (UTC +3).
Työpaikan osoite: Hiomotie 13, 00380 HELSINKI
Työ alkaa: as soon as possible
Työn kesto: yli 12 kuukautta
Ilmoitus jätetty: 21.04.2021
Lähde: TE-palvelujen asiakastietojärjestelmä