Are you a self-driven R&D DevOps expert inspired by technology advances and people? Do you wish to promote sustainability in a key industry and contribute to the story of better energy management?
At Landis+Gyr, we share a collective vision with energy utility companies and consumers all over the world: to manage energy better. With our intelligent energy management solutions, we drive the development and trends in the ongoing energy business transformation.
We are now looking for R&D Team Leader/DevOps expert to join a small and agile team focusing on continuous delivery. In this role you are responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving global highly automated SW/FW Continuous Delivery process and infrastructure. Together with the team you provide hands on support for software development teams including managing SW/FW release deliveries. You also ensure that testing and development environments are used efficiently, manage deployment environments and support testing activities. Your core responsibilities include the following:
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan build and release engineering efforts.
- Team up with Development and SQA to continuously innovate and enhance our build and automation infrastructure.
- Build, maintain and enhances our highly automated build, release and testing infrastructure.
- Improving and innovate new build solutions for better quality, speed and robustness.
- Design and implement Continuous Delivery pipeline for a diverse set of projects with stakeholders from quality, architecture and engineering.
- Script tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery.
- Monitor and provide support to all CD process users.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Local R&D Team Leader operational responsibilities including goal setting and evaluation, work prioritization, overall team leadership.
You have already proven your skills as an DevOps expert and have a solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines and different technologies for release implementation. You are passionate about new technologies and have experience in Jenkins and GIT, and scripting language such as Python and/or Groovy. Further knowledge and experience with docker, Kubernetes (EKS) operations and build tools like MSBuild, Ant, Gradle in highly appreciated. Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) would be an added advantage. As you will be responsible for the daily leadership of the team, leadership experience is valuable, however, your own interest towards people management and senior mindset are more important. As we operate in a truly international environment, you need to have good knowledge of spoken and written English, Finnish is an advantage.
At Landis+Gyr, you become part of an international team with experts and new technologies. Agility is important here as is the ability to take a fresh new perspective on things. You will be encouraged to play an active part in your own development whether that be improving your existing skill set or planning your longer-term career growth. We also offer flexible working time and favor hybrid working models to fit your needs. Well-being at work is important for us and we provide various support to employees, both during work and leisure.
See what your future colleagues think of Landis+Gyr as an employer: Meet the team.
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
For further information, please contact Abhishek Rautela, email@example.com, tel. +91 981 029 3001.
Please submit your application and CV latest on 16th of August 2021.
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the energy utility sector. We help our customers around the world to improve their energy efficiency and to manage energy better. Landis+Gyr operates worldwide and offers an international, inspiring work environment. Our Jyväskylä site is a global technology center for smart metering solutions and the hub of Nordic operations. Read more at landisgyr.eu