Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to
water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We are looking for an innovative and result-oriented Research Scientist for Water Treatment R&D team at our Espoo R&D Center to a temporary position for a period of 31.5.2021-31.08.2022. You will work as a Scientist in projects focusing on the development of the chemistry needed in water and sludge treatment (including method development). You will be guiding and instructing experimental work in water lab, analyzing and reporting laboratory and on-line results of R&D work, and preparing scientific publications and presentations.
What we offer:
- Possibility to work in a Global, Finnish company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and is dedicated to customer success
- Possibility to work in a state-of-the-art R&D laboratory of a leading global
chemical supplier for pulp and paper industry and a market leader in
chemical water treatment
- Chance to learn project management skills and new product development process through practical work
What you need:
- Academic degree (M.Sc./PhD) in chemical engineering, process engineering, or chemistry; studies and courses from the area of water treatment technology and analytical chemistry are considered as an advantage.
- Previous work experience in laboratory environment and practical knowledge of basic laboratory procedures
- Project management skills, competencies in waste water treatment processes,
method development and analytical chemistry are all considered as
- You are able to creatively solve problems, interpret and report results and
draw conclusions. You are a team player with excellent collaboration
skills, but you are also able to work independently. You are proactive
and service-minded and you have a desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English, preferably also in
Finnish. Ability to convey and summarize complex technical information
in a clear and understandable way also for non-technical audiences.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira.
For more information, please contact Lydia Teräsvuori-Sirkkanen, Manager, Water Treatment, R&D and Technology by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 40 419 9744 (Tuesday 4th of May between 10-12 or Friday 7th of May between 10-12).
Please apply with CV and cover letter no later than May 20th 2021, at kemira.com/careers.