We are looking for a Researcher to join our Pretreatment research team in Kilpilahti, Porvoo.
We are a team of experts working as a part of the Core R&D unit to ensure global growth and leadership in renewable and low-carbon solutions. Our team is responsible for expansion of the raw material base and developing purification methods for production of renewable fuels and chemicals.
Your part in Neste journey
In this role, your main responsibilities include
- Developing purification technologies for renewable feedstocks, e.g. waste and residue oils and fats
- Planning, executing and/or supervising experiments followed by collecting, analyzing and reporting data obtained
- Increasing the understanding of fundamental pretreatment phenomena and Neste’s renewable feedstock
- Working as an subject matter expert in pretreatment competence area.
You will work closely with other pretreatment experts and laboratory personnel to develop purification technologies for renewable waste oils and fats. You will report to R&D Manager Mervi Waddilove in Kilpilahti.
Keys to success in this role
- Master’s degree or higher from relevant field, e.g. Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Biotechnology
- At least 5 years of experimental research
- Chemistry and reaction knowhow, preferably related to fats and oils
- Good cooperation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, including presentation and report writing.
We also value
- Knowledge of the fats and oils impurities and related analytics
- Excellent data handling skills, e.g. Excel, Sheets, Minitab
- Knowledge of technologies used for biofuel feedstocks purification
- Relevant outputs of research such as publications or IPR
- Experience in IPR creation
- Courage to express own views and give recommendations
- Presenting skills with ability to influence
- Relevant collaborative networks to companies, research institutes and individuals
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with R&D Manager Mervi Waddilove, +358 50 4587059 on Wednesday 2nd of June during 13-14 or on Friday 11th of June during 14-15.
Please submit your application by June 13, 2021.
The recruitment process will include interviews and possible aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.