Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We are now looking for an experienced and service-oriented Sr Application Development Specialist, to join our Advanced Water Treatment (AWT) solutions team, Commercial I&W, EMEA, to run the implementation and continued development of our digital optimization of our customer unit processes. This position is a multi-stakeholder role, where you have a great chance to innovate and execute solutions to customer challenges in practical commercial context.
Kemira´s strategy focuses sustainability in core of the business. New digital tools are key part of enabling more sustainable processes to our customers. The purpose of the role is to execute the digitalization in customer processes for Kemira strategy implementation and business success.
- Support new and ongoing business
- Commercial application automation implementation and troubleshooting in customer process interface in multifunctional team including AWT sales, regional sales, suppliers and customers
- Adapt existing optimization algorithm to customer cases
- Develop new and improve existing business
- Continuous development of commercial application implementation process and optimization algorithms
- Develop new application controls in co-operation with external and internal partners
What you need:
- Automation implementation, PLC programming and advanced control algorithm development experience
- Process automation and instrumentation knowledge, preferable on the field of water treatment or chemical industry
- Experience in driving change in an international and multicultural organization in matrix structure
- Good communication skills and ability to influence, convince and engage people from all levels of the organization
- Service and problem-solving attitude with strong ownership of task in hand
- Flexibility for traveling in the EMEA region and fluent written and spoken English language
What we offer:
Challenging, interesting and varying tasks, which will allow you to develop your expertise and to grow professionally. A key position to ensure commercial success and customer process enhancement with Kemira digital AWT applications.
This position can be located in Espoo or Helsinki.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
For more information, please contact Jussi Ruotsalainen, Manager, AD, AWT Solutions, I&W EMEA (firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 050 521 2557).
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary request by August 15, 2021.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer
Kemira is a global leader in sustainable chemical solutions for water intensive industries. We provide best suited products and expertise to improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2020, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.4 billion and around 5,000 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.