Did you know that KONGSBERG is spearheading the development of technology for remote controlled and autonomous ships? This is truly a groundbreaking development that will revolutionize the maritime industry. We are operating in a start-up like setting but with the muscles of the KONSGBERG group. Our customers are forward leaning pioneers and significant international actors that benefit from remote and autonomous technology in their businesses - spanning from seabed to space.
Would you like to join our unbeatable team and contribute towards a more sustainable and efficient future? Take a look at the Remote Operation Center vision on our YouTube channel to get a taste of what we are up to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPtdgiIrlJI
We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer with a genuine passion for software craftmanship. You will find your permanent role within our growing inhouse software development team developing state of the art systems for Remote Operation Centre’s within Kongsberg Maritime, Remote Operation Solutions team in Turku, Finland.
As part of the team you will participate in all software development phases spanning technical planning, design, implementation, review and verification in an agile workflow.
- Develop and maintain core functionalities related to the Remote Operation Center
- Design, implement and test software & solutions in an agile manner
- Participate in system integration for full scale Remote and Autonomous systems
- Enhance the software development process and practices together with the team
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- Relevant M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering, technology or other suitable area, or equivalent technical capability based on practical knowledge and experience
- Senior level technical expertise in software engineering
- Solid experience in C++ development and modern C++ practices
- Experience in developing in Linux environments
- Appreciation of good test automation
- Agile, pragmatic and iterative work approach for short feedback loops
- Good peer communication skills in English
Desired additional skills
- Experience in devops practices
- Azure DevOps knowledge
- Docker knowledge
More about us
KONGSBERG is a global technology powerhouse delivering mission-critical solutions with extreme performance for extreme conditions. Remote Operation Solutions is part of Kongsberg Maritime’s Ship Intelligence team – a team of pioneers, shaping the maritime future.
To apply, please leave your CV and application as soon as possible, we fill the position as soon as we find a suitable candidate. Apply: https://www.kongsberg.com/careers/vacancies/senior-software-engineer/
For more information, please contact Mr. Jonas Granvik, Lead Software Engineer, Remote Operation Solutions at +358 40 547 3336 between 9.00-15.00.